Thread: Laser Genetics(BSA) ND-3

hotbrass

Laser Genetics(BSA) ND-3

Anyone tried the ND-3 laser designator in the field yet?

Does it work as advertised?

Thanks!

MAGNUS

Re: Laser Genetics(BSA) ND-3

Nope but it looks good

hotbrass

Yes, I bought one. I wish I had seen one before I bought it. I was expecting a little more power.

But now that I have it, I can make it work.

It is good to about maybe 200 yds. The beam will focus down to a small area and will get small enough to fill the scope(4-12x50) at 100 yds. At around 200 yds the beam has spread out enough that there is less light focused on the larger field of view so it is dimmer.

Also, the adjustmets on the scope mount for the light are very crude and will not give you a good elevation change without changing the windage also. So it is hard to make quick adjustments with the beam focused to its smallest and brightest. Forget about moving targets changing distance, you will never keep up.

I figure the best way to use this is either 100 yds and under, or have a spotter with binoculars staying on your target while you do the shooting.

I like the concept, but it needs more power and a better mount. I have written LG and asked for another mount, have not heard back yet.

Also, there is a collomator to focus the beam and make it smaller or larger. The collomator seems to not be centered completly because when I open the beam up wider, the intensity on the edges is not even. One edge is just a little darker/brighter than the other.

Again, it is not all it could be, but I can work with it. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Would I recommend it? I would recommend you try before you buy. I also expect some competition will be along soon and the price will come down.

MAGNUS

Thanks for the heads up hotbrass.... ill sit on this one.

ghostdog662

I really like mine. It is good for about 200 yards. You can easily see animal eye reflections probably 250 or so yards. Once you catch the reflections it's usually game over for the animal. I shined this direct at a coyote before taking a shot to see if he would react. There was no reaction at all. It's fairly expensive but it is indeed a professionally done product. The packaging it comes in is top notch and comes with a badass case form fitted for all the different mounts.

If you do any sort of hunting at night you will love it.

Basic Member

my buddy in texas got one. works good out to 200 yards or so. i still like the spot light!! 8) dd

Basic Member

There's been alot posted about them on predator masters it seems they dont work well below about 50deg.

hotbrass

Me neither.