Thread: Which Scope Rings?

Which Scope Rings?

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4-12x50 sf on order to go on my Stevens 200 22-250. I presently have a 44mm simmons scope mounted with Burris Sig ZEE rings. Have a 1/4" clearance with this scope. Do you think a 50mm Nikon will clear with the same great rings , or am I going to have to go taller? Appreciate any help......Gary

More than likely you will have to go taller. Stick with the Burris SIG zee rings. Best rings made right there.

Team Savage
    +1 on Burris Sig Zee rings. But you are going to need higher rings for clearance, especially if you want to use lens caps or a scope cover.
    Last edited by jpdown; 04-16-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks for the replies. I like having the scope as low as possible. I'm hoping the new scope will clear. According to my measurements it will, but not enough for normal lens covers. I have some I had to modify, may be alble to do that, hope so. The simmons scope I have on the rifle now is a real clear, and bright. The only problem is, the windage is "sticky". Once you get it zeroed it's fine, but it's hard to get it perfectly on. Then if change loads, here we go again, and reloading components are expensive IF you can find them. I'm looking forward to the new scope, good reviews, and I have a prostaff,and a monarch on other rifles,and they are great. Thanks again.....Gary

The buckmaster came in. Mounted on the standard SigZee's. It cleared by .010". Ordered the highs( you guys were right)mounted & zeroed. Nice scope, I like the side focus, and the dial is actually pretty accurate. As accurated as my eyes are anyhow. Still working on loads, but shooting real good. I'm loading H380 over 55gr SGK HPBT's at the standard 38.0 gr. Components are so expensive and hard to find, I'm not shooting near as much as I would like. Thans for the input/help ,,,,,,Gary