Thread: Thinking about parting a rifle, help with value

Basic Member

Thinking about parting a rifle, help with value

I'm thinking about parting out a rifle and am looking to get a rough guess at value.

Savage 110 action small shank .532 bolt face flat rear reciever
    Choate ultimate sniper stock
    Shilen air gauged barrel in 7mm mag - ~60 rds
    Rifle Basix trigger

The only flaw is that the action and barrel have been cerakoted OD green, the barrel has some small marks in the cerakote, but not in the barrel itself.

Basic Member
    Anybody?

3. 04-12-2013, 07:44 PM
    Reason
    making offers outside the classifieds is not permitted(jokingly or not). It sidetracks the original ? and is misleading to OP

sinman
    I would say Action 225 sans trigger, 300 with. stock 125-175 depending on condition, barrel 225-250

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by sinman View Post
    I would say Action 225 sans trigger, 300 with. stock 125-175 depending on condition, barrel 225-250
    QB - Sinman is right on.

Sinman - Dude! I was working it!!!

6. 04-12-2013, 08:11 PM
    Reason
    making offers outside the classifieds is not permitted(jokingly or not). It sidetracks the original ? and is misleading to OP

sinman
    haha sorry I figured I would give him a legit price

Basic Member
    You guys are killing me. I'm debating swapping barrels and turning it into a 257 weatherby. Is there a way to remove cerakote besides bead blasting?

Guys,

If it weren't for the fact that everyone here is a paid member I would shut this thread down for trying to sell outside of the classifieds section and issue infractions.

These threads almost always go in this direction.

You need to police yourselves or you will force me to do it for you. Please don't do that.

Edit the "offers to buy" please....I know y'all were just joking (unless he took you up on it ) but it's still against the rules.

Basic Member
    Will you please delete this thread so it doesn't go that way please. It wasn't my intention for it to turn into a for sale ad.

It is perfectly OK for you to ask what something is worth. It is also perfectly OK for someone to give you an honest opinion to your question.

It is NOT OK for someone to make you an offer on said item unless it is listed in the classifieds!!!!

Quarterbore, I do not see anything that you did wrong in asking this question, however others saying they will take it(joking or not joking!) ruins it for everyone else. Another way to get a price value is to look thru the sold items section to see what items like yours have sold for in the past. Just a little searching and you should be able to get a decent idea rather quickly.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    ok. I thought about doing a search but I kinda figured it would be apples and oranges since it's cerakoted.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Oooopppppsssss...... I can't even blame Stang for making me do it.....

Apologies.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!