Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twist rate vs killing power.

thomae

Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    Thanks for the input Thomae, Now about that sawtooth killing action of the bullet chewing up the pulverized bloodshot meat.....
    Hey Fish, you made me laugh out loud!

WuzYoungOnceToo
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    WHAT!?!?
    Have you ever seen the face of a child light up on Christmas morning? In my book, that's plenty of proof that Santa exists. You might not be able to fingerprint him, but he exists, nonetheless. Where does he live? You never know...it might be right in your own heart. If you truly don't believe that Santa exists, I feel sorry for you.
    [/rant off]
    I made no claims regarding belief (or lack thereof). That was stangfish. Your pity is misplaced here. I referred only to "physical evidence" and "peer-reviewed research".

PS:
    1. The magnetic poles move around...that's why magnetic variation changes on maps from time to time.
    2. The physical poles move as well because the earth doesn't spin perfectly, it wobbles just a bit. The technical term is "nutation" and when you are attempting to do precise celestial navigation (a three-star fix) it has to be taken into account in order to obtain an accurate position.
    True. However the Earth's nutation involves the movement of its axis relative to an external frame of reference (like the plane of the ecliptic, for instance). The two points at which the axis exits the Earth's surface is essentially fixed (or at least close enough for purposes of this discussion, though technically the Earth is not perfectly symmetrical, which means that *some* wobble in the actual axis relative to body of the planet itself occurs as well).

3. None of that will affect your shooting ability in any measurable fashion.
    True...and of course, the most important point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123