Thread: Midway Barrel Question?

maxl

Midway Barrel Question?

Does anyone know if the shilen barrels Midway sells are select grade? Or what grade are they if not select match? I had a chance to buy a small shank 243 but it didn't say what grade so I passed on it, Thanks for your help

Basic Member
    FWIW My understanding is the barrels are select grade NOT select match. Best way to find out is going to be either just compare the specs or call midway and see what they say.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

davemuzz
    Maxi, I've ordered a few Shilen barrels and unless your shooting a long range competition match, the match grade will do you just fine. The select match you may find helpful if your shooting a constant 1,000 yard competition. But other than that.....you will find the match grade will impress your buddies, beat their groups with the right load, and down any animal you aim at....provided you do your part.

FWIW

Dave

sinman
    I bet 99 out of 100 times you could compare a select barrel with a select match barrel and they would shoot as good as the other.

maxl
    Thanks guys, I have and older pre accutrigger short action I want to build a switch barrel target varmit gun I don't compete just shoot paper and small critters, but like everyone, I want it to be as accurate as possible and was not sure of the quality of the barrels midway sells