HAVE ANY OF YOU FOUND THIS TO BE TRUE
This copied from www.24hourcampfire.com

The diameter and thread specs are the same for the Savage 110 series barrels and the Marlin XL/XS-7 barrels. The potential problem is that the Marlin XL/XS-7 bolt face is recessed more than the Savage 110 series, so it is POSSIBLE for the front of the Marlin bolt to come into contact with the rear of a Savage/Stevens barrel before proper headspace has been achieve. This would create excess/long headspace and the case WOULD stretch and COULD seperate when fired. To be SURE of getting proper headspace, I have cut 0.1" off the rear of the A&B barrel in 257 Roberts that I installed on a Marlin XS-7 action. I had to recut the chamber, since cutting 0.1" off the rear of the barrel created a "short chamber" situation. While you might not need to go to this extra effort, I think that it is a good idea to do so, to insure that this is a safe barrel installation. As with many things, some people are going to say that the barrels are 100% interchangable without any modifications, but that has not been my experience because of the the differences in the recess of the bolt faces.