Yeah.......even after reading a ton of information about the Model 25 in the .17 Hornet.....both good and bad, I went ahead and bought one anyway. But....I'm like a freight train at times. I made up my mind I was gonna have one last year....when I bought two boxes of factory ammo, 100 pcs of brass, the Hornady dies, and then I couldn't find a rifle to save my soul!!!!

Then hunting season rolled around and that's usually when I quit looking for guns and just hunt. So, I was looking at a CZ....pricy...I came across one Ruger.....Pricy....and several Savages. The Savages were more reasonable....and when I hunt with a rifle, they seem to get banged up a bit. So, plastic stocks and me seem to get along pretty good.

I bought it off of Gun-broke-Now, and for $550, I thought it was "fair." No steal, but fair. I'll be picking it up this week, but I don't know if I'll be getting it out for groundhogs until next week.

Now that I have it....and hopefully it will work well, my Stevens .17 Fireball will be "de-wrenched" and the barrel, brass and dies will be on the 4-sale forum.

But, I'll post the results of the Hornet when I get back from the range. I'm hoping to have better results than Mr. Furious....and hoping I don't have the sand in the bolt issues that some of you are experiencing.

Dave