Thread: Accurate-Mag Sport-Tact chassis system

Accurate-Mag Sport-Tact chassis system

So... I was browsing another forum this morning and happened to see a banner ad from Accurate-Mag.com... normally I kind of mentally block the ads out, but I've bought some product from this company before and was pretty happy with the results. As a result, when the ad flashed to a picture of a chassis system I did a bit of a double-take - I didn't know they *made* a chassis. Since Accurate-Mag does make factory bottom-metal I thought it might be worth checking out...

Here's a link to their catalog (never mind the year in the URL, apparently they forgot to update that):

A-M catalog

It definitely looks interesting... the butt-stock folds to the *right* over the bolt handle, which should hopefully result in it being a little more compact when stowed. Looks like it should take standard AR grips and fore-ends. The *really* interesting part is that they use a rifle 'insert' to hold the receiver... making it possible to hold a long-action *or* a short-action using the same chassis! Heck, the catalog even shows using an M1A in the same chassis setup.

To some degree, something similar could be achieved with a McRee chassis in that the center section is receiver-dependent, and simply bolts to the fore-end and butt-stock so one *could* uncouple the center portion and swap out the barreled action (long or short) as desired... but with four bolts fore and four bolts aft holding things together it isn't exactly a speedy process. No idea yet how the A-M Multi-Caliber Rifle Chassis System will compare in that regard... but I'd imagine it will be a *little* simpler.

The one big gripe I could see some folks having is that with the stationary grip location vs. the variable layout of the trigger/guard between various actions, it looks like there is a fair amount of gap between the grip and the guard... I know the older McRee stocks had a similar gap, and a lot of people griped about it.

I called them up and chatted for a few minutes... it sounds like the Savage variants may actually be available *first*, which would be pretty sweet. Projected availability is 'about' a month or two out... we'll see

I'd encourage anyone who is interested to give them a call and express that interest... give them some motivation to keep the Savage version on track.

Monte

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info.

Agreed the A-M chassis looks interesting and great news that Savage is getting a look in as well. More chassis style options for Savages the better, esp for long actions.

Basic Member
    Monte, I posted your above post on Snipers Hide. If you mind tell me and I'll delete it.

Hopefully some more interest is raised in the stock.

Some pics...