Thread: Availability and Price

maxl

Availability and Price

Went to gunbroker today and just for the heck of it clicked on reloading supplies and almost had a stroke, as I sat there going through what was available I could not believe the prices 65.00 for a pound of powder,60 for 1000 primers Hornaday fmj wayyyyy overpriced.These items actually had several bids on them so who knows what the final price will be. Available yes there are plenty for sale, affordable not so much. Who are these people bidding on this stuff? If things get any more expensive we'll all be throwing rocks,or shootin arrows

Things really aren't that expensive at all if you are diligent. Within the last month I have bought and received 45 lbs of powder, 3k of 6.5mm bullets, etc, all at pre-panic prices. Before anyone says that I am part of the problem yada, yada, yada, I split the orders with members of my range at my cost (~$26 lb for powder) to keep everyone shooting.

n4ue
    Hi. Just got back to Fl from a road trip to Tenn. Coming back through Georgia, I made a quick stop at Gander Mountain.
    Unfortunately, they don't sell powder or other components at that store.
    There was PLENTY of rifle and pistol ammo.
    I picked up a couple of boxes of 204R. There were several guys looking for .22 LR and the clerk went looking for some 'in the back'. I don't think he found any... I still can't figger out why .22 LR is so hard to find, except for the 'hoaders'.....
    BUT, I have never seen so much .17 HMR!!! Several brands. I was happy to see this, since I have 3 guns in this caliber.....Price was $14/hundred, same price as Wal Mart, when they actually had some. ha ha

FWIW...

ron