Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats up with Savage??

Basic Member

Re: Whats up with Savage??

Quote Originally Posted by gundogblue
    jc,
    I'm glad you can change out a bolt in 10 seconds, nothing modest about you!!! I see everyone who flammed me is a paid member, and I'm not, maybe that has something to do with it. Oh well I'm sure not gonna loose any sleep over it. I hope you all enjoy the Koolaid
    Paul
    Never claimed to be modest, just honest. Oh by the way so can my wife. ;D

on another note I am kinda upset about this, I paid $12.00 for a membership here and I did not get any of the free koolaid GDB said everyone else got. >

benzy2

jc,
    Im glad you can change out a bolt in 10 seconds, nothing modest about you!!! I see everyone who flammed me is a paid member, and Im not, maybe that has something to do with it. Oh well Im sure not gonna loose any sleep over it. I hope you all enjoy the Koolaid
    Paul
    Honestly is seems like you did want to send it in, because that is the only solution you would accept. As stated taking the bolt apart is hardly a big deal. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill on that aspect. Maybe they did get a little short with you but you really are making this a big stink about an issue where the solution first was to ship you the fix for free and then to take the bolt back and fix it for free. It certainly could have gone a little worse for you than to have it fixed for free. Take it for what all its worth but outside of a little attitude, which you seem to have in abundance making me question how it really went down, you still were offered twice to have it fixed for free.

knickia

<-- No coolaid, basic member (but plan to upgrade to paid as i find the site very usefull.. )

having worked in phone support (computers not guns... rarely does a computer blow your arm/face/head off)

It sounds like the conversation condenses down to:

Rep: the spring/ejector/etc is messed up in the bolt, I&#39;ll send you the parts, it&#39;s easy to change the parts out.
    Customer: I am not comfortable working on the bolt
    Rep: Ok, send it in and we will fix it and return it to you.

I can say this is normal, and good service unless you pestered you to avoid the return to factory service. If your not comfortable changing the parts it&#39;s in their best interest NOT having you do it.

If you did, and then it went blew up you would likely come back on them. At a minimum they would have to show up in court and show it wasn&#39;t their products problem... (ie cost them $$)

so... not to pick, but it sounds like at a minimum fair customer service, arguably good service in today&#39;s climate.

PS: not trying to jump in and dogpile you, just offering my 2 cents. :)

KRP

I didn&#39;t know that so many on this forum are in the tank for Savage, I politely tell of my experience with a customer rep from Savage, giving me the impression of not wanting to talk to me, then all the hierd guns come out criticizing me, one duffus even says that I purposely wanted my rifle to go back to Savage so that I could be without it for several days or weeks, and I&#39;m the bad guy???? Thats too bad, Savage makes fine rifles to be sure, and I guess this is a good forum as long as you walk in lock-step with many of it&#39;s members. I&#39;ve never been a "yes man" for anyone or anything, I don&#39;t follow blindly right or wrong, if a company makes a fine product thats great, but if that same company has a short coming I will let it be known, but evidentally thats not how you should behave on this forum, it appears that if your a member of this forum then Savage, and everyone who works for Savage is beyond reproach. ???
    Paul
    I think the "duffus" he was refering to was me. ;D

Basic Member

I had the same problems out of my savage model 11 in 308 winchester. What I found was the metal slide on the bolt (kinda golden lookin) was poorly lubricated. I used liberaly used a lot of liquid graphite to lube it up. After a few rounds of shooting, about 20 or so, the bullets started ejecting how their supposed to. No, I squirt some rem oil in that point and I have no problems since. Hope this helps
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Again, all very interesting.

I will call Sharpshooter for the parts today, and I will lube the bolt as two previous post suggessted this!

Pictures of the bolt would be nice.

I to will become a paid member soon as this is a very helpfull site. I have learned a lot. People have tried to talk me into going with Tikka, but I stick with my proven Savages!

By the way, I recieved my bolt for my 22-250, put about 40 rounds through it and all worked perfect, didn&#39;t matter if I pulled fast or slow, I pulled the bolt back as slow as I could. All in all, it "worked". Spent shells ejected!
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member

My gun is about 4 years outside of the warranty. Since i was basically forced to install a new extractor on the bolt, I, and a local gunsmith suggested, lubing the extractor. It didn&#39;t work immediately but as more rem oil and liquid graphite started getting in the extractor&#39;s movement things got better and now it works just fine. just put some where the gold lookin part is.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

NeverNoLuck

Never have got any of my 22-250&#39;s to eject worth a hoot. As I most likely am bench shooting it doesn&#39;t matter to me much as I like to pluck the brass out instead of picking it up off the ground.

Well No Luck, is this just Savage Rifles or all makes? Also, how do you like you 243?

NeverNoLuck

Savages, and I like 243 alot

Basic Member

Have a Model 12 in .204 that does the same thing and i do hunt which makes it even worse. Taken to two smiths and still does it
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

It&#39;s been a long time since I posted on this thread, but, I started having the ejection problem again. Long story short, I had SSS build me a bolt, I slipped it in, and have not had any problems since.

I believe Fred put a longer ejection pin in the bolt with a stronger spring. Works perfect!

Basic Member

Gunna try a new ball of larger size and spring see what happens
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12