First off I love both my Savage rifles, they both shoot GREAT, but while reading the posts on this sight, I have noticed that some of the guys have had problems with weak ejection on their 22-250's. Well ever since my Model 12, 22-250 was new it has had weak ejection, when I pull the bolt back, it takes the spent case out of the chamber but thats about it, I useually have to use my fingers and take the spent case out of the magazine, or if it does eject the case out of the rifle, it just pucks it out of the rifle, it deffinently does not "throw" the case out of the rifle. It never really bothered me because I don't hunt, I just target shoot, so there's no need for a fast follow-up shot, but I started thinking that if it's not right, I'd like it to be right. I called Savage and talked to customer service, and explained to the guy what was going on with the rifle. He asked me if I reload and I told him yes, then he started telling me that if my loads are too hot this could cause the problem, I could tell that he was spinning. I told him I load for both my Savages, and that my 10 FCP ejected the cases just fine, and that if anything I load on the lighter side, and that I experianced this problem with factory loads as well. Then he told me that it could be a bad spring, or a stuck spring, or a bad ejector ect ect. He told me he could send me the parts, but I told him I never worked on a bolt, finally he told me that since it's the first time they would fix it for free, and that there would be a three day turn-around. I sent the bolt in to Savage today, and hopfully I will have it back by the middle of March. Hopfully this will solve the problem, but what gets me is that the customer service rep seemed put out over this whole thing.