Thread: Midway USA

Midway USA

Recieved my Midway flyer a few days ago and much to my SUPRISE.......no advertised sales on ANY loaded ammunition or components.....none what so ever.....wow, thats a 1st

acemisser
    and you were surprised...I am surprised that you were surprised...

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I'm not surprised at all.

A little astonished perhaps, but not surprised.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Basic Member
    Scary to see "no back order available" on the websight.
    Life is short, make every shot count.

So what exactly was there business plan? talk about an expense with no Return On Investment.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Why would they advertise something they has little or no availability?
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Ive been reloading/shooting conservatively now for the past 6 months. I was hoping this uneeded crisis would show its tails end by April-May.... I think Im gonna be in for another suprise.

Looks like the conservative approach is gonna be the path for now.

Dam sure dont wanna get my progressive press fired up so I can blow components a?...

maxl
    The ammo manufactures have to get the shelves filled with loaded ammo first before they sell their excess to us reloaders,and currently that is a daunting task, as soon as a retailer receives some ammo its sold out. I think it will be a year or so before we see an easing on supplies. There probably hasn't been a shortage like this since WW2 or perhaps never

thorshammer
    Its the hoarders and the Gun Show Nut cases that are causing all these problems. When your able to get up and be in line at Academy Sports 2 hours before they are open and then buy all the .223, 7.62x39mm an .22lr ammo up it causes problems for us regular folks. They are doing the same thing at the Wall-Marts An the Bass-Pro Shop by me. Last Gun Show I went to some of the people there were trying to sell 550 rd boxes of .22lr for $70.00. I told them to stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Had a fellow in the shop the other day looking for some .40 S&W. We had five boxes left and when I asked how many he needs he tells me "I only need one but I will take all five because if I don't buy them some else will."

Welcome to the mind of a horder and the cause of the problem.
    More shooting, less typing.

efw
    I love and respect MidwayUSA and they get my business often because they don't gouge and, to the best of their ability, are honest about supply issues.

Right now they have Hornady blems CHEAP and even had some .223 68 gr Match bullets... I got the one box of 500 allotted to me and the next day they and the 77 s were all gone . They still have a lot of other worthwhile deals though!

n4ue
    I just HAVE to share this.........

I happened upon a Government surplus site. I picked Florida, since I live in North Central. In Jacksonville, they have the following lots for sale, some with minimum bids, some no bids yet. Auctions end this week:

- fired 50 cal BMG brass......2420 LBS
    - fired 7.62 NATO brass.... 1700 LBS and another lot...... 2200 LBS
    - fired 5.56 brass......1540, 1600, 1560, and 1580 LBS
    - lead ingots...............13,200 LBS

WHAT!!!!! This is only an hour away........ These are NOT individual shells. These are huge crates full........

ron

Quote Originally Posted by efw View Post
    I love and respect MidwayUSA and they get my business often because they don't gouge and, to the best of their ability, are honest about supply issues.

Right now they have Hornady blems CHEAP and even had some .223 68 gr Match bullets... I got the one box of 500 allotted to me and the next day they and the 77 s were all gone . They still have a lot of other worthwhile deals though!
    +1 I agree

This ridiculousness that has been ongoing to some degree or another for the past 5-6 years is what has made me decide to sell off all my guns, optics, reloading equipment and hunting gear. I'm just going to take up fishing again - because politics has never affected the supply or price of artificial lures and good old fashion night crawlers.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    This ridiculousness that has been ongoing to some degree or another for the past 5-6 years is what has made me decide to sell off all my guns, optics, reloading equipment and hunting gear. I'm just going to take up fishing again - because politics has never affected the supply or price of artificial lures and good old fashion night crawlers.
    Except the "animal rights" folks won't let you alone. I recall an effort (don't know if it was successful) to outlaw fishing in the UK because of the pain the fish experiences being ripped out of the water by its lips! Shame on you for being so cruel!
    JimF -- a pilgrim still <*{{{><
    "Preserve Game -- Use a Trained Dog"
    Waterproof, Louisiana

I hear you. i havent gone that far. I have however tapperd down on my shooting/reloading....way down. In actuality, Ive been saving money.

Just lock em up in storage--you may regret that one day. You can still just fish and pretend you are no longer OCD about Savage firearms. : )
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

Basic Member
    all this crap has made me rethink my f class shooting this year last year i would practice every other weekend and usually shoot 3 rifles 50-100 rounds a sitting now it once a month 20 rounds just to get trigger time in . as for matches i was planning on 2 matches a month now it 1 a month . it sucks but i have to ration my bullets so i can make them last the rest of the year.

I've got about 10 different weapons to reload for--a challenge even when there was no ban scare. I'd need a warehouse to lay in a horde for all of em--so I just keep enough stuff on hand for a few hundred cartridges of each and hope I can still find brass and bullets when the time comes. Thinking about getting a crossbow--looks easier to reload arrows. : )
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

Basic Member
    i hear yo there i'm up to close to 17 calibers reloading is a never ending process and like you i only keep about 200 of each on hand its not to bad in the off season for f class for me. but like now my reloading room is a mess between sonic cleaning then tumbling ,trimming the regular steps in reloading then checking run out on my match loads i never have the time. then if i have to anneal the brass or neck turn some brass that gets more time added and away from my fun rounds. oh and i forgot sorting bullets by ogive (200-400 at a time) i tried letting my son help but i'm way to anal when it comes to my reloading. i just hope this dry spell ends quick i did see some signs of it this past week with powder starting to get back on the shevles.

thomae
    Right now Midway USA has some good prices on Hornady blemished bullets.

okie2
    midway usa is not the only store Larry owns he has some more in Europe.
    so why can't he import bullets to the usa?
    the reason he don't take back orders now is that would lock him into the price of today
    and loose money if price goes up.
    Last edited by okie2; 05-03-2013 at 12:59 AM.