Thread: Weaver Tactical 4-20 or Vortex Viper PST?

Weaver Tactical 4-20 or Vortex Viper PST?

Guys,

I'm in the market for a new scope for a 22-250 project I'm putting together.

So far I have Looked through the Weaver Tactical 4-20 and the Viper PST 6-24... who has one or both and what are the pro's and cons...

I like the look of the Software for the Viper as I can get a drop chart printed.... what about the weaver? Is there something than can be used? an app?

Help appreciated!

Slimy

Basic Member
    this is the app i use. its pretty good. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....strelok&hl=en

Basic Member
    I've had the Weaver Euro (brother of the tactical) 4-20 for a month now. Very clear and rugged, well made in Japan. I like the locking turrets since this will avoid accidental knocking out of zero. Natchez has these with duplex reticle on sale for $519 which is a great value. There are many ballistics programs you can access on line to prepare a chart for various atmospheric conditions, and apps are available for smart phones. Like many other calculations- garbage in equals garbage out so you need to shoot across a range of yardages to be sure the results are close and then tune up the velocity, ballistic coefficient to the real world.

Basic Member
    I just got the weaver 5-15x50 tactical. Awesome glass for the money. I never looked thru the vortex but all the reviews i found suggest the weaver is better or atleast offers better bang for buck. It doesnt have illuminated reticle like the pst but do you really need that? I never had a situation where i needed a bright reticle

Idk about software for the scope but its regular mil dot and mil turrets. Easy to calculate range thru the reticle and as long as you know bullet performance you can dial in easily. It came with a few tables for quick range estimations so you dont have to make one or calculate live in the field
    Last edited by Orr89rocz; 04-16-2013 at 10:59 AM.