Thread: Stevens new/axis triggers

Stevens new/axis triggers

Are the "axis style" triggers that are shipping now in the Stevens rifles, better or worse than the old style triggers?

No clue about the old ones but my new one feels like my Nagants pistol pull its horrid IMO.

Basic Member
    I don't know, but if they are identical to the Axis triggers they are super-easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by pisgah View Post
    I don't know, but if they are identical to the Axis triggers they are super-easy to fix.
    I'm not real familiar with the Axis, or any other Savage, but I'm learning. It looks just like the Axis, but is mounted a little different I think. After reading a LOT OF INFO online, I replaced the spring, and polished the sear/trigger contact area a wee bit with some real fine compound on a dremel tool pad. It feels pretty good. I don't have a real trigger guage, but my "fish scale" type rigged up to pull straight back shows around 3 lbs. Feels a little heavier than that to me. The break is clean, the creep is barely detectable to my finger. I'm anxious to get my scope mounting hardware in so I can see how it's going to shoot. Thanks for the reply, appreciate any and all help... Gary

Long story, ordered and got the Sav1 trigger. Would not fit? Talked to Clay at RifleBasix, and he sent me a SAV 2. It fit, and what a nice trigger it is. RifleBasix is great to deal with. New scope, groups are getting better, no cloverleafs, but gettin close. :)
    Still don't know why the Sav1 wouldn't work, haven't heard back from Clay, but I'm tickled with the trigger and the great service from RB. Thanks to all for the help.....Gary