Thread: bullets

jb6.5

bullets

I got a 6.5 creedmoor, shot some deer and hogs with it. I've used nbt, SST, and barnes. Barnes 100 gr works great on hogs, with a mv of 3150 through the chrono. The 120's are right around 3000 and the 140's are a little over 2700. Shot a hog with 129 gr SST and the damage was aweful, I could put both fist trough the hole. We kill a lot of hogs every year, mostly with a 22 250 and the ttsx. Every new gun we get seems to get used for a wile to try different bullets to see what works best. Anyway just ordered some 129 gr interbonds to try, accubonds works great in my 7 mag, but don't know if the little cm will have enough fps to make them perform. Anyone used them at a slower than magnum speed. They should be traveling along around 2800 fps. If they work I would save some $ over the barnes.

I don't see why they wouldn't work as they are designed to essentially punch through game. The lower velocity shouldn't hurt that aspect of performance especially with the high sectional density of the 6.5.

jb6.5
    I figure they will penetrate real good just don't know how much they will expand at 2800 mv. Should be ok just curious if anyone has used them.