I was looking for some help. About 3 months ago I purchased my first Savage. I picked up the 110BA in 338 cal. Because of weather issues the first month I wasn't able to get out and shoot. I mounted a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56mm scope with the Nightforce Ultralight Rings. When I first tried to zero it in I was 3 ft off at 100 yards. We completely can out of windage and didn't even get us on the paper. I ordered another set of rings just to make sure the rings were not the problem, same result. 3 weekends of snow storms later and the long range/precision class I signed up for is on me. We get in the car for a long weekend of shooting figuring the instructors can help me out and maybe I'm overlooking something. No luck, we even mounted one of the instructors scopes and at 50 yards couldn't get it on the paper. The 3 instructors all said the same thing, bring it back to Savage and have them check the rail alignment.
Has anyone had or heard of issies like this? I'm 14 hours away at a class with 400 rounds that I can't shoot and not happy. The good thing is my son goes to school in Westfield MA (same exit as Savage) and I have to get him next week so was going to drop it off.
Any input would be appreciated.