Thread: Can Someone Come To My Rescue Again Please? 110 Extractor

Can Someone Come To My Rescue Again Please? 110 Extractor

So, in the course of replacing worn parts in my 110 LA .223 I contacted Numerich and ordered an extractor, an ejector, their respective springs, the retaining pin for the ejector. Got the parts in and everything was ok except for the extractor- they had sent in it's place a half-moon spring clip looking thing-looks like a retaining spring for a .22lr bolt (?) Set that back- they sent me out the same part again(!). Got off work this A.M. and spoke to "Jessica" at Numerich. We finally located the right part- verified by picture and all, but it's out of stock

Called Brownells- they are out of stock too

Called Savage...good Lord I've heard nothing but good about their customer service. It's hot, it's Friday and maybe 'ol Andrew was having a bad day. He said he can't (or won't) be able to help me using my serial number because it's too old. I understand the company transitioned several years ago so I get that, but he would not give me a part number so I could maybe get a picture, verify that it will work, and order one. He said I need to get a serial number off a newer gun that has a similar extractor. I guess I could go to a local gun store had look at the bolts that are on guns in stock...

Are there any other parts suppliers I can contact?

I dunno, but I don't think many people are gonna be overjoyed about giving up their serial number. BUT if anyone here is willing, and knows they have a newer gun with a similar extractor, I could send that person the money and have them order it for me? Any suggestions short of suicide I'm willing to entertain. Loooong hard night at work and I know the devil is in the details-but this is frustrating.

BTW- I DID give Savage the part number and sku number that Numerich had for the correct extractor part. Andrew said those numbers do not equate to Savage's part numbers....

Thanks good people. ANY help is appreciated.

Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Is it the flat extractor? Can you post a pic of it. The other thing that gun parts sent you is a remington extractor.Call me at 1-315-986-2915 or call jim at northland 1-419-695-3179 he is a dealer and should have the part. What does your serial number start with.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Ypu may not be able to looka t the part but often serial #s can be found on gunbroker.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Avoid the hassle and order from Savage on-line. You will need a serial number to get to parts page.

stangfish
    One of the oldtimers around here pointed this guy out. Give him a shout if the others don't fuit.
    http://www.jackfirstgun.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
    Is it the flat extractor? Can you post a pic of it. The other thing that gun parts sent you is a remington extractor.Call me at 1-315-986-2915 or call jim at northland 1-419-695-3179 he is a dealer and should have the part. What does your serial number start with.
    Hi Jon- My serial number F04380. Earlier on I did some checking and I guess the gun was early 90's manufacture. Was asleep all day (working 10-12 hour nights this week/weekend) so I will call you Monday..Thanks. And YES it is the flat extractor- parallell edges are slightly curved, bottom has detent for the detent ball and there is a little milled "ridge" along the edge that contacts the rim of the case.

Thanks Again- Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNC View Post
    Avoid the hassle and order from Savage on-line. You will need a serial number to get to parts page.
    Hey Charlie- yeah thats one of my problems; I need a serial number but I dont have one! Mine serial number is too "old" to be in Savage's system, and if I knew what the more contemporary guns serial number started with (newer gun with similar extractor) I'd make up a serial number to get onto the page. I just thought someone at Savage could fenagle a way to "show" me the part so I could I.D. it and order it.

I'm imagining that some of the newer guns have a similar extractor- I'm not a machinist but I don't see how it could be improved on much without driving the cost up significantly. This extractor is simple and functional.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    One of the oldtimers around here pointed this guy out. Give him a shout if the others don't fuit.
    http://www.jackfirstgun.com/
    Thanks Stang! I feel much better that the info. you guys gave will help me out with this.

Brian

Basic Member
    This might be what you need
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/107...g-all-calibers

I think I have one also I could send you , just let me know
    Jack
    Last edited by JW; 07-20-2013 at 07:21 AM.

seanhagerty
    If you cant find the parts, just replace the bolt head or the whole bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by JW View Post

Jack
    Hi Jack- You guys are absolutely awesome! The Midway pic is close- I don't know about the "raised" part...I'll examine it further. Is the one you have identical to the Midway pic? Thanks- Brian

Quote Originally Posted by seanhagerty View Post
    If you cant find the parts, just replace the bolt head or the whole bolt.
    Hi Sean- yeah- that will be my last choice. Been employed part-time and unemployed/underemployed for almost 3 years now. Money is tight. We're making bills but I really cant afford to spent $100.0+ on a new bolt- wish I could. Brian

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrow1 View Post
    Hi Jack- You guys are absolutely awesome! The Midway pic is close- I don't know about the "raised" part...I'll examine it further. Is the one you have identical to the Midway pic? Thanks- Brian
    The picture on midway does not look like the ones I have received from them in the past
    I might be mistaken but I think Savage went to one extractor for all their rifles a year or two ago
    Some one will chime in if that is not right
    I will put one in an envelope and mail it to you
    If it does not work send it back
    Maybe we can get you going
    Jack
    Last edited by JW; 07-21-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Baryngyl

Jack
    That does not look very much like my extractors unless that pic is really weird, but midway does give you the Savage Arms #: 100139 for that item, they also usually list the Savage Arms #: for thier other Savage/Stevens items so that will let you order the right part from Savage once you can find the right item.

Michael Grace

The picture on midway does not look like the ones I have received from them in the past
    I might be mistaken but I think Savage went to one extractor for all their rifles a year or two ago
    Some one will chime in if that is not right
    I will put one in an envelope and mail it to you
    If it does not work send it back
    Maybe we can get you going
    Jack
    Thanks SO much Jack! I'll PM you my address- please send your cause I'd like to give you something for this! I'm starting a new thread about the bolt mod I did last night (at work...sssshhhh!). This board has been more help to me than any other board I've EVER been on. The people are more friendly too!

Brian

nastynatesfish
    Take a pic of your bolt head and text it to me. I'll see what I have layin around. 5204038841

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrow1 View Post
    Thanks SO much Jack! I'll PM you my address

Brian
    One is coming your way

Thanks
    jack