Thread: Stockade Prairie Dog Special/Tactical Initial Review

Basic Member

Stockade Prairie Dog Special/Tactical Initial Review

Just received my Stockade Prairie Dog Special/Tactical with PTA inletting.

Was looking for something to shoot med-long range off the bench or in the field, talked to Kevin Rayhill at Stockade a few times and decided to go with the PD/T. Told him which action, barrel etc I would be using and also decided to have some weight added as this will not be a walking around gun by any means.

All of my dealings with Stockade were fantastic. They took the time to answer a lot of questions, were up front about wait times and even encouraged that I call from time to time to check on the build. Could not be happier with the service.

Now to the product-

I ordered the money saver option, which they describe as having minimal finish work, final inletting touches etc. As sent the stock was actually in really good shape. It took about 20 minutes to "finish" it, sand a few spots, chamfer some edges etc- but it looks and feels great and fits my action perfectly.

The pics show the rifle mocked up, I haven't painted it or fixed the scope etc, but so far I couldn't be happier with it. The moulding and machine work is excellent, fit and finish even for a budget option is great.

More reviews, pics and range reports to come but so far I would grade the product and service as an absolute A.
    Last edited by mattri; 03-20-2013 at 10:45 PM.

WaltherP99
    That looks NICE! What color are you thinking of for the stock?

Kevin is a GREAT guy to deal with and puts out an awesome product!

Basic Member
    At this point thinking a flat black, not super original but fairly effective.

Basic Member
    For black, checkout Rustoleum spray pickup bed liner. It has a bit of texture and due to intended use is also very durable. For muticolor textured finish I really like the Rustoleum Stone finish spray; after drying buff it with kitchen scrub pad and overcoat with matte clear to get a really nice custom look.