Gentlemen thank you for taking the time to read over my situation and offer the best advice known to the Savage world (or so we hope.

My rifle is a model 10 FCP K in .308. It is about a year old and has around 1500 rounds of FGMM 175 through the pipe. It/ I shoot 1 MOA average with that ammo without a single problem (save my gun does not like to extract non fired cartridges, it will, but it puts up a fight).

So I get into reloading for the obvious reasons (accuracy mostly, or the pursuit there of) and buy myself a truck load of gear to get this bad boy shootin' and come to find out **** near every thing I put through this rifle is not only requiring a mallet to extract, but the accuracy is horrible. Yes, horrible.

Quick list of gear, components and measurements for your info:

Gear:

Lyman Turbo Tumbler
Lee Press and FL sizing die
Forster Original Trimmer w/ 3in1 trimmer/chamfer/de-bur bit (freakin awesome)
Generic (but effective) digital calipers
RCBS Chargemaster 1500 powder dispenser (freakin awesome)
Forster Ultra Micrometer Seater Die
Hornady Comparator and OAL gauge

Components:

Federal once fired (by me) brass (FGMM) (FL sized)
SMK 175 OTM
IMR 4064 (started with Varget with same results, better accuracy just tell where to find it now)
Federal GM210M Primers

Measurements:

Brass trimmed to 2.005
IMR 4064 from 41, 41.5, 42, 42.5 to 43grains( one round that required a cleaning rod to dislodge the spent casing)

Bullets seating depth... well here's where things get interesting.

I have seated at the lands, .010 into and away, .020 into and away and at 2.80.

SAMMI says 2.80 is just right for my particular cartridge. I did my best to load said rounds to 2.80 without my Hornady gear (had not bought it yet) and had same results as listed.

So I get my Hornady stuff and start calculating my ogive on 175 SMK's and it is a consistent 2.209

(anyone have similar results?) . The Federal cartridge's are reading 2.228 at the ogive. That means I'm fully .019 in the lands ( I don't know, you tell me, but I think that is a lot). But the factory stuff shoots and extracts as it should.

I sorted all bullet tips to within .001at the ogive as well.
Also concentricity was below .003 (Hornady gauge).

Last weekend I took out a newly prepared batch of the afore mentioned combinations and these are the FPS resultsShooting Chrony Alpha Master).

41gr seating depth .000 (at the lands) 2644, 2687, 2720, 2893
-.010 2772, 2872 (those two touched, 100 fps difference, go figure) error on the next one and 2636
-.020 2642, 2697, 2709, 2649

41.5gr -.010 2702, 2619, 2719, 2658

Did not even attempt to shoot any more as it would be an effort in futility.

I had 5 easy extractions. The rest were either very hard or mallet extractions.

Called Savage today. That did not go well as the lady was trying to be helpful, but could not address reload issues(understandable).

I've laid out in detail the best I can so far to give you all the info you may need to see if you can help me with a solution. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.