Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Optics Military Program

Basic Member

Vortex Optics Military Program

If any of you fellow military guys are looking for new optic for your rigs get in touch with Travis Boran VX <tboran@vortexoptics.com>.

The deal was so good I ended up springing for the Razor HD 5-20x50 w/ EBR-2B and 25MOA turrets. I went this route because of the lifetime no questions asked warranty and it's a scope that I'll never be able to out grow.

As many of you have told me "buy once, cry once".

Still have like 3+ months to wait before I get home to put it all together.

Was this for active duty or retired/disabled?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]U.S. Army Retired Disabled Veteran[/SIZE][/FONT]

Basic Member
    in his email he only said MIL/LEO. I would send him a line and see.

Thanks, I will drop a line to him. Thank you for your service.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]U.S. Army Retired Disabled Veteran[/SIZE][/FONT]

Basic Member
    Please post his reply...thank you

Oscarflytyer
    From Jason (email response back to me). I am not retired, just 11 yr veteran.

Good morning Steve,
    Thanks so much for reaching out to us.

We do have a discount program for veterans. I would be happy to get you set up if you could supply me with the DD214. I will explain the details when we get your status confirmed.

Thanks so much for your service, it is greatly appreciate by all of us here at Vortex.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,
    Travis Boran
    Consumer Sales Associate
    Vortex Optics
    1-800-426-0048 Ext. 402
    www.vortexoptics.com

Badger has a pretty good military program too!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Ackevor
    Yeah Travis is a cool guy. He hooked me up with my Viper PST last year. Only took about 3-4 weeks for mine I believe. Also Bushnell has a similar program, 50% off their price list. I dont feel its as good as Vortex though. His name is Alpha Landingham, can be found on Linked-in. I would put his email in but I cant find it on my phone right now.

Plenty of companies out there that recognize military service, responders, ect. Just ask. BTW, I am retired military and when I asked Vortex they said no to me. I guess it depends on who you get to ask. So I went with Night Force.

by the way, i sent an email to bushnell customer service to ask if they have a mil discount. the internet has said both yes and no, and if i get an answer back ill pass word.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Oscarflytyer
    I am not retired, but 11 yr vet. I have found that if you offer up a DD214, a lot of places will give you a discount, sometimes even if they don't have a program for it. Occassionally, Lowes and Gander will give me a Vet discount just from seeing my USAA debit card...

I just talked with Travis and placed an order for a Razor HD Gen II. The LEO/MIL discount was substantial and the process couldn't be simpler; just provide Travis with a copy of your DD214, or a valid ID, or .MIL address.

I highly recommend Vortex and Travis was a pleasure to work with.

Sidenote: the POC for the Bushnell LE/MIL program is Colleen Cain: dmcain2@comcast.net

It also has a pretty substantial discount. This includes Bushnell, Bolle, Millett, and Serenghetti.

I'll pass the email I recieved from her to forum members here if you send me your department/mil email address.

LoneWolf...thanks very much for the contact info for Travis.

Basic Member
    No problem. It is such a good program I just wanted to give more fellow Vets the opportunity to take advantage on a great optic set up.

P.S. I was tempted by the Gen II, but I didn't want to deal with the extra weight!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richhelton View Post
    Sidenote: the POC for the Bushnell LE/MIL program is Colleen Cain: dmcain2@comcast.net

It also has a pretty substantial discount. This includes Bushnell, Bolle, Millett, and Serenghetti.

I'll pass the email I recieved from her to forum members here if you send me your department/mil email address.
    Is this only for active duty. As a vet i do not have a mil address and when i got out in '81 most people didn't have email or cell phones.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
    Is this only for active duty. As a vet i do not have a mil address and when i got out in '81 most people didn't have email or cell phones.
    Earl, I can't say for sure. I would contact them and ask to get a definite answer.

Ackevor
    I was told if no emial was available a photo copy of some form of military ID was sufficient, or DD214 which every Vet should have somewhere safe.

There is a major centralized program out there that puts hundreds of manufacturers discounts for mil/vet in one place. I hate posting it in public just because so shoot me a PM if interested. As with the others above, if you do not have a .mil address you will have to show proof such as DD214.
    More shooting, less typing.

Basic Member
    HAHA wish me luck finding my dd214 guys since my wife puts stuff where i can't find it but i do have my VA card in my pocket.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Ackevor
    HAHA wish me luck finding my DD214 guys since my wife puts stuff where i can't find it but i do have my VA card in my pocket.
    In case you can get your wife to materialize your DD214, most local county courthouses will file and provide certified copies of your DD214 free of charge. They do around me anyway. Very handy if something terrible happens like a house fire/ natural disaster.

no discount for Canadian vets....US only

edit - to clarify, Travis was very helpful and it's not in Canada because of a jurisdictional thing
    Last edited by 45BearGun; 07-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    [COLOR=#0000cd][B]Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian
    [/B][/COLOR]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 45BearGun View Post
    no discount for Canadian vets....US only

Well it is a U.S. Company....

Quote Originally Posted by Ackevor View Post
    In case you can get your wife to materialize your DD214, most local county courthouses will file and provide certified copies of your DD214 free of charge. They do around me anyway. Very handy if something terrible happens like a house fire/ natural disaster.
    Pretty sure the local courthouse will only have a certified copy if you filed a copy with them when you got out. While I was in I remember everyone encouraging people to register their DD214s. That turned out to be bad advice because your DD214 will become public record. Many soldiers fell victim to identity theft as a result

That said.. the process to order a new copy of your DD214 is pretty painless now. You can order it online here:

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...rvice-records/

Took a couple of weeks to get mine in the mail. Good Luck!

aka:Cliff
    Looks interesting.
    I need a good scope.
    Think I'll drop him a line today.

Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast