Thread: A Dearth of Scope Options

A Dearth of Scope Options

There is a considerable dearth of scope options in regards to silver or stainless finish scopes in the $500+ range. The pickings get even slimmer when you are looking for target turrets on the scope (thus eliminating Leupold VX-3 scopes). I would love a new 4-16x42/50 scope with target turrets in a silver or stainless finish.
    There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

ODA 0121
    Nightforce competition scopes come in silver.

Quote Originally Posted by ODA 0121 View Post
    Nightforce competition scopes come in silver.
    The low end magnification is too high for my application, the highest low range that I would want for my application is 4 or 5. I intend to use the scope for deer (sometimes close range) and predator hunting, along with some paper shooting.

I really like that Zeiss, it has a pretty good FOV at low magnification, but I thought Zeiss was discontinuing the regular Conqest line for the HD 5 line? I could easily be wrong on that thought though.
    There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

rattfink
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_Erudite View Post
    I really like that Zeiss, it has a pretty good FOV at low magnification, but I thought Zeiss was discontinuing the regular Conqest line for the HD 5 line? I could easily be wrong on that thought though.
    You could be right. They have plummeted in price lately. I hope they are still around in awhile from now.

rattfink
    I just did some checking and the Conquest line is no longer on the Zeiss website so yeah...
    I had planned to save for mine for several more months but I got clearance to pull the trigger on one off of Promotive before they disappear!

I like the new Conquest 3-15x42 HD5 with the lockable target turret, but again, no silver or stainless finish.

rattfink
    That thing is gorgeous. I think that's the new generation for the conquest line which has needed a little updating. But I really like the 50mm objective and pricetag of the older one

Odds are I will just get a Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS with the V-Plex reticle. No silver finish, but what can an individual do? I blame the tacticool phenomenon!
    Last edited by Geo_Erudite; 03-17-2013 at 07:42 PM.

rattfink
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_Erudite View Post
    Odds are I will just get a Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS with the V-Plex reticle. No silver finish, but what can an individual do? I blame the tacticool phenomenon!
    That's a solid plan IMHO.