Thread: Any help or suggestions would be appriciated

mrrabk

Any help or suggestions would be appriciated

First off, forgive me if this is the wrong area to post this and for a slightly lengthy story. Also, if this request is not appropriate, please let me know and kill this thread.

My wife and I are trying to help a couple out that we consider dear friends. They became friends shortly after mom passed and dad was all alone down in CA. He was 79 at the time and we traveled as much as we could to help and be there. He wouldn't move up to WA with us, because he didn't want to be a burden. He was still in fairly good health...as much as a WWII artillery vet could be at 79 who just lost the love of his life of 56 years.
    Long story short, a younger lady and her husband, who attended the same church as mom and dad, called and offered to pop in weekly and look in on dad. Well, they, mostly she with the support of her husband, began to go over 2 or 3 times a week and call in between. She would cook and clean as if she was his own daughter. He would go over and help around the house with big projects. They did this for 5 years and not once moaned, complained or asked for anything. Dad would give her money for the help, but she felt bad for accepting. We became dear friends and I would say much closer than siblings could ever be. When dad passed, they even set up the service and arrangements while we traveled down. On a scale from 1 to 10, these two meek people are a 20!!! They live a very modest life, wish they could move out of CA due to the current problems, but $$ won't allow it. Yet you'll never hear them complain or feel sorry for themselves. I have learned a lot about true giving from this couple!
    Well, now it's my turn. The husband called me last night asking if i knew where to get reloading components and we looked a bit on line together. I knew the answer, but helped him find a few more sites to look thru. He reloads .45 ACP only as far as I know and was looking for brass...new once fired, what ever. He was worried and she even got on the line while he was looking up his inventory, which was quite meager, and was beginning to see the lack of items available herself. After about a half an hour, I told him not to worry as I had already pulled my full container of once fired non processed .45 brass and the wife was getting it prepped to ship to them. He wanted to refuse, but I would let him and told him that this brass is just metal and "stuff" and could in no way even touch the amount of dignity and love they showed dad in his later years. Deal Done! Problem is my stock was small, since I mostly reload rifle, and he needs some more.
    If anyone knows of any available, or someone looking to sell some or even give it away, let me know. I don't want it shipped to me, I want it to go straight to them. I will even do what ever I can to pay for shipping if needed. It would take me a thousand life times to repay what they did for us, so this is a small thing.....I'd like to think of this as paying it forward and helping out a couple that deserves it so many times over.

Thanks Stu

Basic Member
    You might try contacting this guy
    Hope it helps and good luck
    Jack
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...-ACP-Brass-F-S