Thread: wsm not extracting rounds

wsm not extracting rounds

I bought a used 300wsm it dont want to extract empty's.it pulls them out of the chamber fine but they just drop on the magazine before the bolt gets back to the ejector to kick em out.it will work if i really pull the bolt back hard and fast.any ideas?

stangfish
    Picture of the bolt would work. Some ejectors are in the boltface and some are under the bolt. If it does not eject until you are all the way to the rear of the bolt stroke you have the latter. Get used to it. If you have a new Centerfeed then what you are experiencing is a stuck ejector. Fix it.

Its a crf type it dont have the ejector in the bolt.what is happening is the case just falls out of the bolt head before it go's back far enough for the ejector to kick it out.i wonder if a new extractor would hold the case in the bolt head a little tighter?

A larger extractor ball would also do that, every bit helps.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

i tried #4 steel shot it measured .130 didnt seem to help.

The holes are drill out to .150 and the factory ones are .120 so .130 is not much of an increase, the ones I have are .140, and get good feedback on them.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

not sure what the deal is with the .130 size one in there i cant hardly slide the extractor back out.i cant do it with my thumb,i had to use a pair of channel locks! not sure if i can go with a bigger one or not.

If you have more than one savage, like most guys do, try swapping extractors for a less worn one, from one of your other rigs.

Dean

o.k. good idea.are the crf ones and push feed the same?all my other ones are push feed.

Please no one release the hounds on me, but I believe so.

Dean

i will give that a try,thanks for the help!!

they are slightly different.the crf one has the lower edge beveled so the case rim can slide up under it.

And for all you boys and girls, that is our lesson for today, all kidding aside I am sure you can round one up somewhere, just try it to see if it remedies the problem. If you still want to try a .140, I will gladly mail you a couple, just PM me your info.

Dean

actually i sent you a pm last night on the balls and lift kit,not sure it went through i will try again,thank you

Yes you did, I delete all PMs right after I seal they envelope, I don't always recognize the real name to the user name.

Dean

o.k. great! i just sent you anonther one you can disregard it.lol,thanks again!!