Thread: Model 10FP Bolt Cocking Piece Pin Help

Kevin13

Model 10FP Bolt Cocking Piece Pin Help

Hello all. I'm new to the forum but have had a 10FP for a few years now. Upon removing and cleaning my bolt today, I accidently pushed the cocking piece pin up the ramp into what appears a locked position. Because of this, I can't get the bolt back into the rifle. Can anyone lend any advice on returning the cocking piece pin back to the bottom of the ramp so that the bolt can be put back into the rifle? I would assume that this could be done without having to disassemble the bolt. What am I missing? Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

EDIT: Nevermind, was able to get it. With some brute force pressure, I was able to return it to the lower position.

ddalvarez
    I did the same thing today. If you push the bolt forward until cam hits the top of the receiver and push a litter more you will notice the tension is reased. I had the gun on my cleaning rest and ended up turning the gun 90 degrees towrds me, pushed the bolt forward, released the tension and pushed the cam with a q-tip and it fell back into placed. You probably don't nee to turn the gun 90 degrees but somehow it seemed easier to handle. Not alot of brute force required