Thread: Weaver Super Slam Euro 4-20 X 50

Basic Member

Weaver Super Slam Euro 4-20 X 50

This is a moderate priced scope, with suggest retail in the neighborhood of $700; I just purchased it from Natchez for $519 plus $32 for the six-hole tactical rings (high). My main intent is for shooting F-class at our local 300 yard range with the Hog Hunter 223. I was attracted to this as a good value for the money based on numerous reviews rating this as very good glass, accurately adjustable turrets, and built like a tank.

First of all, the rings are quite sturdy; the Weaver chart suggested high height, but I think medium height would be better with adequate clearance and present the scope lower to the bore. All aspects of the scope indicate it is well built; as you can see from the photo the turrets and adjustable power ring are machined and massive, and they function smoothly. At first I wasn't sure about the pop-up turrets but after using them I like the aspect that you must lift them up in order to make an adjustment, so when you lower them back down there is not a possibility to accidently knock them out of adjustment. No tool is necessary to set the zero, just unscrew the top locking ring to turn the turret to zero. Clicks have a nice tactile feel, and are only labeled in full MOA.

The duplex reticle is in the first focal plane. The cross hair is very fine and well suited for resolving 1 MOA bulls-eye at 300yd; but it may be too fine for hunting in low light. Optical quality is excellent at 300 yd; better than my Bushnell 6-24X50 4200 Tactical Elite which I have shot at 1000yd.

I am very pleased with the operability and optical quality of the scope and recommend it as a great value for the money. As you can see, the scope and Hog Hunter make a good shooting combination. After shooting at longer distances an update will be added

Basic Member
    The Weaver Super Slam line of scopes are very under rated,IMO. I have a 3-15x50,and the glass runs right with my Sightron SIII scopes. Mine also has the Duplex reticle,and it works just fine for me at night hunting hogs with my 458 SOCOM using a Laser Genetics ND-3 light.
    I also really like the way Weaver designed the turrets on these scopes,you can adjust them fast in the field,and when pushed down (locked) you won't every bump the turrets while walking around or hitting the turret on something.