This is a moderate priced scope, with suggest retail in the neighborhood of $700; I just purchased it from Natchez for $519 plus $32 for the six-hole tactical rings (high). My main intent is for shooting F-class at our local 300 yard range with the Hog Hunter 223. I was attracted to this as a good value for the money based on numerous reviews rating this as very good glass, accurately adjustable turrets, and built like a tank.

First of all, the rings are quite sturdy; the Weaver chart suggested high height, but I think medium height would be better with adequate clearance and present the scope lower to the bore. All aspects of the scope indicate it is well built; as you can see from the photo the turrets and adjustable power ring are machined and massive, and they function smoothly. At first I wasn't sure about the pop-up turrets but after using them I like the aspect that you must lift them up in order to make an adjustment, so when you lower them back down there is not a possibility to accidently knock them out of adjustment. No tool is necessary to set the zero, just unscrew the top locking ring to turn the turret to zero. Clicks have a nice tactile feel, and are only labeled in full MOA.

The duplex reticle is in the first focal plane. The cross hair is very fine and well suited for resolving 1 MOA bulls-eye at 300yd; but it may be too fine for hunting in low light. Optical quality is excellent at 300 yd; better than my Bushnell 6-24X50 4200 Tactical Elite which I have shot at 1000yd.

I am very pleased with the operability and optical quality of the scope and recommend it as a great value for the money. As you can see, the scope and Hog Hunter make a good shooting combination. After shooting at longer distances an update will be added