New member and first time poster; bought a new 7mm-08 with a Bushnell 9X40 scope to share with my 15 yr old son. we Just finished firing 2 boxes of Hornady superperformance rounds at the range to get a feel for it. Wow! We are both newbies to rifles in general so we are taking it slow and easy. Couple of questions for the seasoned rifle types;

1. Thinking of getting a bipod mount. Saw some videos on Youtube and it looks like this would be a good thing for target practice. Any pros or cons?
2. I went out and bought a box of Remington low-recoil rounds to help with sighting in as the Hornady's were a little too powerful and it was hard to judge what was offset vs. error due to recoil. Haven't fired the Remington's yet but hoping to get a better 3-shot pattern to really tell if the scope needs adjusting. Any recommendations?
3. My son has friends who have more rifle and hunting experience, they say dry-firing is not recommended. How do Savage's hold up to occasional dry-fire? According to most forums this is ok for bolt action as it helps get a feel for the trigger pull and saves ammo when practicing. Is snapping ok or am I looking at a new firing pin in a short time?
Thanks, enjoying the new Savage.