View Poll Results: How do you utilize the Accutrigger?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Depress Accurelease and pause at trigger?

41 97.62%
  • Depress Accurelease and trigger in one continuous motion?

1 2.38%

Thread: How do you utilize the Accutrigger?

mugsie

How do you utilize the Accutrigger?

The question is an easy one - when using the accutrigger, do you depress the accurelease until your finger makes contact with the trigger, then hold it there until you're ready, until finally squeezing the trigger to fire off the shot, or do you let your finger lightly rest on the accurelease, and when ready start depressing the release and then the trigger in one continuous motion?

Just curious.

I pause.

I use it just like I would a two-stage trigger - I take up the slack in the first stage (the safety blade, in this case), pause, then press home the second stage when I want to break the shot.

Basic Member
    Same as above for me, take up slack then move into second stage. My old mauser actions with alot of trigger take up have taught me to find the spot just before fire, where i can start my pull from there

pause.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    I pause, but I hate the accutriggers so I do my best to swap them out when I get them. I much prefer the old 3 screw. I've taken the blade out of my 17hmr, but it's caused some problems and I would never recommend doing so, especially on a center fire

If you take the blade out and cock it at a normal way it can and will go off without realizing and it is to late.Someone could get killed.I would rifle basix the gun everytime.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Pause too. I have (or had) most of the aftermarket triggers and a tuned-Accutrigger is my favorite; guess I have a personal twitch that the two-stage process addresses.

Basic Member
    I take up the slack and then pause until I'm ready to break the shot. I only have a few rifles that don't have accutriggers, and really only one (a ruger 10/22 target model) that I ever shoot that doesn't have an accutrigger. I've ended up traiding in almost all of my stuff for Savages with accutriggers because 1. I think the triggers are great, and 2. I think it builds consistancy in my shooting and technique. No matter what rifle I grab, the triggers are all the same and I don't have to think about it. Wish I could install one on my Turkey gun!

mugsie
    I too pause, but I've tried it the other way as well and had success with that method also. One thing I do notice when I pause. If I'm not bringing the trigger straight back, sometimes the safety kicks in and it won't fire. I don't see this as a problem because it helps me concentrate on pulling straight back and corrects my form. Of course I'm only killing paper. I could see a problem if I were trying to put food on the table, but then again I may miss it anyhow since the pull isn't directly back!

I've tried other triggers, none of the hhigher end ones, but other stock triggers and maybe it's me but I've developed a liking for the accutrigger. My savages are absolute tack drivers, so I always challange myself with different positions etc. Since I know how well the gun shoots benched, anything off target is me when I'm shooting offhand or kneeling etc.

Thanks for taking the poll. I did think the spread would have been a little closer though.

Ogremccloud
    I pause.