Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want An Aftermarket Wood Stock For Axis?

Basic Member

Want An Aftermarket Wood Stock For Axis?

If everybody here on the Axis forum would go to Boyd's stocks and request a "classic" wood stock for Axis, they might just start making them for us. Boyd's has a page where they ask you what new stocks you would like for them to produce, if they are already not making it. I just filled out the form yesterday:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/conten...equestform.htm

-Dennis
    CA Turkey Huntsman

Basic Member
    Just Did it

Basic Member
    Me as well

Basic Member
    Thanks, guys. If we can get 50 more, I'll bet that Boyd's will do a small run.

rattfink
    I put my $.02 in as well.

Axis action would look great in a Tacticool IMO.

Basic Member
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by CA Turkey Huntsman View Post
    Thanks, guys. If we can get 50 more, I'll bet that Boyd's will do a small run.
    I'd bet you're wrong (and I'll win). Add a zero or two onto the end of that number and you just might catch their interest.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

+1.... I think it'd take somewhere aroung 500+ to get them even seriously considering something for the Axis. Now that IS do-able, but it'll take some time to get those numbers to make it happen.
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Couldn't resist.
    I did it too.... again.

Big Jim H!!! How you been?
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Pretty good Frank.... not been shooting much, but enjoy it when I can.

OK - back to the original topic!
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

dirtysquared
    I posted also

Basic Member
    We will never know approximately how many requests it will take unless somebody calls them. If Boyd's can take an existing Savage stock and make minor changes to the programming on their automated milling machines...we may find ourselves lucky enough.

I do know one thing 100% for sure...if NOBODY asks Boyd's to make them, they certainly won't.

bobfortier
    I have said this before. Fitting the mag on an Axis aftermarket stock requires a couple of metal parts. I do not think Boyds will want to make stock and supply the parts to accept the mag.

And I do not think there is a lot of aftermarket for single shot Axis stocks.

sjdekalb
    Idid to thay never got back to me so I had a mo. 10 stock that I fitted it in to taking it out this weekend to see how it works

palerider338
    Was just on the Alexander to them yesterday and suggested it might be worth looking at making stocks for the Axis as the stock is usually the first "upgrade" item. they will probably get around to it but have to get the bugs worked out of their new computer system first.

Bury them with the Product Request forms and emails so they take notice.

Basic Member
    That is good news, Palerider! Like I've said before, instead of dwelling on all the reasons Boyds won't make the stocks for us, we should rather keep letting them know we have an interest. Only through this effort will we have a chance of seeing an aftermarket wood stock available.

-CA TH

Dr Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfortier View Post
    I have said this before. Fitting the mag on an Axis aftermarket stock requires a couple of metal parts. I do not think Boyds will want to make stock and supply the parts to accept the mag.

And I do not think there is a lot of aftermarket for single shot Axis stocks.

I put in my 2 cents on the stock. I think Boyds are some of the nicest... and they definitely have the best prices.

As far as floor metal... I may be able to help. I own a small machine shop, and have a new love for the cheep Axis rifles. I'm hopping to get one in 223 this morning... and I will get in contact with Boyd to see if he needs help with that project.

Basic Member
    I'd think bottom metal/mag well for .223 a m1a/mini 14 mag would be much more marketable. Not sure what the insurance companies or lawyers would add to the price though! Pretty sure we'll see some once a decent replacement stock is available. Maybe not though a $200 addon for a sub $300 rifle might be a tough sell.

stingray
    I applaud the efforts of CA Huntsman trying to get some motivation from Boyd's to build a basic replacement stock for the Axis. I submitted a Boyd's request form about a year ago. Received a scripted reply. I will submit another.

I own an Axis in .223. With exception of the OEM stock I love this rifle. I've done a trigger modification and have worked the stock as best as I can to reduce the flex. What I have done with the stock works ok, but a good replacement would be appreciated.

Boyd's......."build it, and they will come" Make a decent replacement stock, and offer it at a price in line with other replacements. You may be surprised. Why would anyone spend money on an inexpensive rifle? 1. Because they can. 2.The answer may be found in the after market industry of the Ruger 10/22. That model rifle certainly isn't an expensive rifle, and look what happened there. Granted, kind'a apples and oranges. Fact is.... initially someone took a chance.

I think the folks at Boyd's are good people, but they haven't convinced me with their reasons/excuses for not getting into an after market product (an OEM replacement) for the Axis.

bart1533
    Something needs to happen.....

Predator53
    I posted also...

Predator53
    Would nt be a tough sell tor me.....!I think it be awesome to replace withe a fine boyds stock..
    Last edited by Predator53; 04-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Moved the AR magazine related posts into their own thread so we can keep this one on its original topic.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

BrandonVA
    Quote Originally Posted by sales@boydsgunstocks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonVA
    Are there any plans to make Savage Axis stocks?
    Possibly down the road.
    response I got from Boyds....

rattfink
    Maybe someone would agree to produce a group buy? Guaranteed sales might be enticing to some manufacturer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast