Thread: Choate Tactical Stock ??

Team Savage

Choate Tactical Stock ??

How do you guys like them ??

Thinking about buying one.
    Not concerned with the weight.

Thanks

Basic Member
    This is one of my favorites; solid and stiff for bipod and a great bedding platform with the aluminum V-block. Finish is not perfect, with molding seams in a number of spots but I will sand and paint anyway. I had the Ult Varmint too but just sold it. A good stock but the Tactical fit me better so I ordered one from CDI with the goodies. Will now have two, so the dimensions and fit will be the same on the rifles I shoot prone.

Team Savage
    I had an Ultimate Varmint stock set up on a 6mmBR with no work that shot 3/4" groups at 300 yards.

I do like the button at the back at times, but for serious target no.

I did not care for the pistol grip handle, but then again I never shot it prone.

Thinking like you the tactical stock would fit me better.

Basic Member
    I like mine and cant wait to use the rifle. Surface finish is pretty hard and coarse, not sure i like that as much as a mcmillan or hs precision. I held rifles with those stocks and loved them just couldnt find one anywhere in stock for the new short action dbm build i have

Planning to sand and paint soon as weather warms up.

dwt
    I have used three for the last 3 yrs,shooting match's every month and lots of practice,no problems to date.

I have had several Tactical Chaote Stocks, we have one the wifes Model 10 Predator we just put together for her. We also have some H-S, Manners, B-C stocks, I like the B-C myself, The only thing I dont like on the Choate is it's weight, it is a heavy stock, but shooting prone or bench that really doesnt matter. We went with the Chaote for the wifes rifle, because its one of only two stocks ( if I was told correctly) that make a left hand, short action, DBM, stock that will fit the Model 10 Savage, the other being the McMillian that cost about $600. Over all, its a good solid stock, it is not finished out or painted like the other stocks, but I have seeen several that were painted by the owners and looked really nice. Here are a couple of pix of her rig, 6.5 Creedmoor, Model 10 Predator L-H.

[IMG][/IMG]

65impala
    I love mine and think it's a great stock for the money. I really like the internal rail mount for the bipod. It lets you slide the bipod position fore and aft to fine tune the balance.

timmymic
    http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ge-gun-114618/
    This is what I did with mine it looks amazing! 12 bucks worth of paint!

Basic Member
    I think you should know they have this wide barrel channel in them that will easily except the bull barrels and still have a little room left over on each side. I don't mind how it looks, it feels great and so far for me it shoots great! it's a very well made stock for the money and I like the aluminum bedding block. I would definitely buy another.

Basic Member
    I think I'm definitely getting one.

I'm a lefty with a dbm rifle. MC Millian, and Whidden are the only others and $600+ and Whidden will inlet for the factory DBM.

rt07
    I've been thinking about getting one too.

cheapshot
    The tactical was my first choate stock and when I received it I was scratching my head about the finish quality. One thing I kept reading about the choate stocks is that the finish wasn't that great. I have now owned a couple of varmint stocks and there are a few things here and there that aren't perfect in the finish but that was not the case at all for the Tactical. I don't think you can beat them for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle H View Post
    I have had several Tactical Chaote Stocks, we have one the wifes Model 10 Predator we just put together for her. We also have some H-S, Manners, B-C stocks, I like the B-C myself, The only thing I dont like on the Choate is it's weight, it is a heavy stock, but shooting prone or bench that really doesnt matter. We went with the Chaote for the wifes rifle, because its one of only two stocks ( if I was told correctly) that make a left hand, short action, DBM, stock that will fit the Model 10 Savage, the other being the McMillian that cost about $600. Over all, its a good solid stock, it is not finished out or painted like the other stocks, but I have seeen several that were painted by the owners and looked really nice. Here are a couple of pix of her rig, 6.5 Creedmoor, Model 10 Predator L-H.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for this post.. been trying to decide on a Choate for a while.. Like the look of the varmint but with the Bolt Release on the Trigger Guard it narrows it down to the Tactical. Order being placed now!! I have a 22-250 that we are gonna set up for some Varminting so it looks like it will be a nice fit with my Predator Max1

EMTSmokeeater681
    I have one on a newer style fcp-k 308 with bottom bolt release ....very nice stock solid ,little heavy but I like the weight makes it easier to hold

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogandboy View Post
    I think you should know they have this wide barrel channel in them that will easily except the bull barrels and still have a little room left over on each side. I don't mind how it looks, it feels great and so far for me it shoots great! it's a very well made stock for the money and I like the aluminum bedding block. I would definitely buy another.
    ooops, I did buy another and now have 2. excellent stocks for the money!

Bruce