Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hard to chamber a round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kill N Grill View Post
    Could have been one of a multiple problems. Good to know there is a place to get another view point when you are stuck.
    If there's a happy ending It's OK to pound your chest in good fun, but even if I was wrong, I would have been the first to poke fun at myself,
    followed by Stangfish and I am sure would have had a field day with that one.

Dean

Sorry Bernie maybe I can do an encore presentation.LOL
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Kill N Grill
    Check out post #8 and #14. Said with a Tarzan jungle cry. lol, I will admit to being a blind hog. I get lucky once in a while and find an acorn.
    If I had paid for this service the rifle would have gone back the first day the smith was open for business. I own a service related business and sometimes stuff happens. I warranty my work and have no problems with taking care of customers. The thing I see here is that Tacticalpanda never gave the guy a chance to correct the problem. He may be a very good smith that had a brain fart. Now he has a disgruntled customer that may or may not bad mouth him when he never got a chance to make it right. May business has a motto that 1 happy customer sells one more. An unhappy customer tells 10. I inform all of them if there is a problem do not hesitate to call me back.

Check out post #8 and #14. Said with a Tarzan jungle cry. lol, I will admit to being a blind hog. I get lucky once in a while and find an acorn.
    If I had paid for this service the rifle would have gone back the first day the smith was open for business. I own a service related business and sometimes stuff happens. I warranty my work and have no problems with taking care of customers. The thing I see here is that Tacticalpanda never gave the guy a chance to correct the problem. He may be a very good smith that had a brain fart. Now he has a disgruntled customer that may or may not bad mouth him when he never got a chance to make it right. May business has a motto that 1 happy customer sells one more. An unhappy customer tells 10. I inform all of them if there is a problem do not hesitate to call me back.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Tarzan jungle cry, that's some funny excrement. LOL LOL LOL

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

stangfish
    I tried to stay out of it. Scope Eye will often play games with your mind. Friend you/Unfriend you...its like facebook and a chinese restaurant kitchen all in one.

Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    I tried to stay out of it. Scope Eye will often play games with your mind. Friend you/Unfriend you...its like facebook and a chinese restaurant kitchen all in one.
    Your on friend probation so watch it. LOL

stangfish
    The thing I see here is that Tacticalpanda never gave the guy a chance to correct the problem. He may be a very good smith that had a brain fart. Now he has a disgruntled customer that may or may not bad mouth him when he never got a chance to make it right. May business has a motto that 1 happy customer sells one more. An unhappy customer tells 10. I inform all of them if there is a problem do not hesitate to call me back.
    The thing is some if not most competent smiths will set the headspace tight for accuracy shooting and handlaods. This may have been just set at the minimum and the ammo was made for a nato chambered gun(he did say surplus).

tacticalpanda
    I would have given him a chance if he hadn't been a dick when I met him the first time. Very condescending to me the whole time. Then it turns out he didn't do his job right. Honestly if he had been a nice guy when I met him I would have gone back. But the way he talked down to me the whole time made me not want to go back and deal with his attitude. Which is why I asked here and on other forums and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was something else. Turns out it was just head spacing. And I got more information from nice people willing to help out.

Honestly as someone who has worked in the service industry for 10 years I do expect a lot from people because that is what I give them. When I get someone who basically tries to make you feel stupid, makes assumptions about your knowledge, and talks down to you they don't deserve me giving them a second chance. They had a chance and they already blew it.

65impala
    Glad you got it worked out, although I think it was painful to everyone for Dean to be correct

George

Man that is so true, when I use to show up with my savage stuff, I would get all kinds of grief and almost ridiculed, and long wait times just for the sake of jerking me around, now hundreds of barrel swaps later and many Remington conversions revenge tastes SWEET.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by 65impala View Post
    Glad you got it worked out, although I think it was painful to everyone for Dean to be correct

George
    Just ask my wife, or anyone that knows me for that fact.LOL

Dean

tacticalpanda
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    The thing is some if not most competent smiths will set the headspace tight for accuracy shooting and handlaods. This may have been just set at the minimum and the ammo was made for a nato chambered gun(he did say surplus).
    I started with surplus but had the same problem when I ran some match grade ammo through it. Then with the go gauge I had the same problem, but not as drastic as with the ammo.

tacticalpanda
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    Man that is so true, when I use to show up with my savage stuff, I would get all kinds of grief and almost ridiculed, and long wait times just for the sake of jerking me around, now hundreds of barrel swaps later and many Remington conversions revenge tastes SWEET.

Dean
    After doing it myself I'm glad I went with Savage and will go with many more in my future. I may not be a professional gun smith and never will claim to be but it sure is satisfying working on your own guns and knowing you put everything together. Only personal I can blame if they don't work is me.

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticalpanda View Post
    I may not be a professional gun smith and never will claim to be but it sure is satisfying working on your own guns and knowing you put everything together. Only personal I can blame if they don't work is me.
    You said a mouthful my brother.

I like blaming the Dog, especially when it comes to, well you know. LOL

Dean

I was an automotive tech for a long time and when ever there was a electrical problem 99% of the time it was a ground, so when someone says, I just installed this barrel and it's doing or it does that, they occom's razor of guns is headspace.

Dean

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    I like blaming the Dog, especially when it comes to, well you know. LOL

Dean
    The dog usualy catches on to the game faster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123