Thread: Rifle Basix Sav-1 Help

Rifle Basix Sav-1 Help

I am installing a Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger in a little 11 package gun, and no matter what I do I can not get it below 5.5 lbs. Hell the factory trigger is at 4.5. I've adjusted everything, even tried leaving the spring out, but still nothing. Is it possible the sear is a little long and starting the trigger to far back? Bout to pull what little hair I got left out. Any help would be appreciated.

tacticalpanda
    Have you adjusted the sear screw up as far as it will go?

terrymiller
    Mine was pretty heavy like that, too. I adjusted the sear contact screw for about 1/64" of sear engagement. The next step is to adjust the trigger pull spring for the weight you want. I wanted 2.5 lbs and got it there. It seemed to vary by ± 2 ozs but that could have been me on the trigger pull gage.

I got it figured it out, but thanks for the help. Adjusting the safety tenisoning screw like the directions say does not work. Once I loosened it back up everything was good. It is now breaking at a very crisp and clean 1.5 pounds. Tried to get it to slam fire on safe and it will not.

terrymiller
    I like dropping it on the butt a few times to check for safety as well

bodywerks
    It definitely won't slam fire with the safety on. Bigger question is will it do it easily with the safety off. I hated the Saab - 1 so much that i returned it. Its nothing more than an accutrigger with out the accurelease and a sear engagement adjustment screw. No thanks.

To each their own, I don't take a loaded rifle of safety until I am ready to fire. I did test it on fire and it did not fire. I spent a lot of time getting it dialed just right. 1.5 is low enough for me.

bodywerks
    I agree. I would never not point a rifle down range with a round in the chamber with the safety off. But I couldn't even close the bolt without it slipping off the sear, even with the sear engagement screw set for full engagement. I like the idea of a trigger assembly that has its own sear cam to engage its trigger with custom machined precision, like the SSS.
    Triggers like the rifle basix assume that the factory, stamped metal sear is a precision fit. I have found that it isn't.
    Last edited by bodywerks; 03-12-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Your right, the factory stamped stuff is not precise. I used a diamond hone to make the edges sharp and bur free. It makes it were you can adjust the trigger so that it would break about a pound heavier than it really does, which means easier to keep it from slam firing.
    Last edited by shoalwater; 03-12-2013 at 11:38 AM.