Thread: budget varmint stock?

wolfe 21

budget varmint stock?

Ok, so I have an old model 110 in 22-250 that I'm thinking is going to be my new varmint gun (groundhogs mostly, hence the 250 for the extra punch) and I'm looking to replace the factory plastic boat oar. I'm kind of liking the Choate varmint and tactical stocks, both being about the same price from midway. Anybody have either on a 110 and have a review or maybe a recommendation for a better stock. Not really looking for wood, laminate or otherwise, and weight isn't much of an issue as I will only carry it from the truck to the field.

James.

Basic Member
    Choate UV is a good choice for an economical drop-in stock. Used to be the factory VSS stock.

Basic Member
    Choates are great stocks, esp for the money. I have both and like the tactical better. The bottom of the butt end the UV is much wider and has ridges, so it does not fit or slide in the rear bag as well. Ridges on bottom of the fore-end too tend to grip the bag too, which is not an issue with a bipod. Getting rid of my UV to "standardize" on the tactical for a couple of rifles to help with consistency.

Basic Member
    I like the UV better, different strokes for different folks, depends on how you shoot. Right now the older, going out of bidness, no longer used, sale till they're gone, 4.27" screw spacing stagger feed/Mod 12 single shot units in all types Choate stocks are a pretty good value.