Hi there,

I put a Vortex PST 6-24X on my Savage 12 LRP in 260 REM. My setup is Weaver 20 MOA rail and Burris Signature Zee rings. Using the plastic insert, the rings provide 17 MOA. Together they should provide 37MOA, or 10.7 MIL of elevation gain. My sample of PST 6-24 has 20MIL of elevation adjustment. I thought I would have close to 20MIL of elevation adjustment.

To my dismay, the scope has only 9 MIL of elevation adjustment after sighting in at 100 yard. In other words, 11 MIL was missing! I checked the plastic insert twice to make sure I have the correct setup: -10 on bottom of front ring and +10 on top, +10 on bottom of rear ring and -10 on top. I also measured the Weaver rail with caliper and it is 20 MOA. Similar rail and ring setup on my 111LRH provided 6 MIL of elevation gain, missing 4 MIL. I can live with missing 4 MIL, but 11 MIL are too much.

Is this a problem with gun? Perhaps massive barrel drooping, or receiver top is out of spec?

I am pretty sure I want to stay with Burris Sig Zee rings. Should I try another rail say Warne 20 MOA?

Thanks for your input.

Kevin