Thread: trigger guard question

Basic Member

trigger guard question

I have been looking for a replacement trigger guard for my 12FV stock. Mine is an accutrigger with round receiver front and back. EGW makes one but is is listed as for a flat back receiver. What is the difference since the ones listed at midway and brownells don't specify a difference. I am just wanting to get the gun together and would settle for a plastic or aluminum one. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by xtratoy View Post
    I have been looking for a replacement trigger guard for my 12FV
    . I am just wanting to get the gun together and would settle for a plastic or aluminum one. Any ideas?
    If you just want to put the gun into service, why replace the factory one?? If you don't care what its made of, why do you care??

The trigger guard has nothing to do with the receiver shape. AFAIK they all interchange.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

stangfish
    There are some minor differences in trigger gaurds that are available, mostly with the plastic ones and the bottom bolt release and 16/116 trap door release models. The trigger type and the afore mentioned issues as well as the stock design have an impact on fitment. Most of the time there arent any issues and often a small flatwasher of the 1/4" variety will help accomodate the problem.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    If you just want to put the gun into service, why replace the factory one?? If you don't care what its made of, why do you care??
    The trigger guard has nothing to do with the receiver shape. AFAIK they all interchange.

I put my Stevens 200 action into a Savage stock. The Savage stock I got didn't come with a trigger guard. I gave the Stevens stock to a friend with the trigger guard. The stevens trigger guard didn't fit the savage stock .
    Last edited by xtratoy; 03-09-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Basic Member
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/119...cm_vc=wishList

This should be what you need
    Better hurry as they do not stay in stock long
    Hope this helps
    Jack

Basic Member
    Thanks, they were out earlier. The Midway product notification to inform me that it was back in stock came 7 hours after I saw your post and I saw your post 2 1/2 hours after you posted it! I got lucky and ordered one.
    Last edited by xtratoy; 03-10-2013 at 10:42 AM.