Thread: Trigger Adjust? (No sear adjustment screw)

snowshoes

Trigger Adjust? (No sear adjustment screw)

I have a model 110. i am building a 6.5X284. I have everything but the stock i am waiting for from SSS. I was getting bored waiting so i took a look at the trigger. I was reading the info on this site for the 3 screw adjustment and realized i don't have the sear adjustment screw on mine. do i adjust the same way and omit the sear or is there another way?

goinssr
    Quote Originally Posted by snowshoes View Post
    I have a model 110. i am building a 6.5X284. I have everything but the stock i am waiting for from SSS. I was getting bored waiting so i took a look at the trigger. I was reading the info on this site for the 3 screw adjustment and realized i don't have the sear adjustment screw on mine. do i adjust the same way and omit the sear or is there another way?
    There are a few different trigger assemblies out there depending on the age of your rifle. You may be able to get some good skinny if you could post a pic of your trigger.

You can use the sss trigger or the rifle basix sav-2 is my newer favorite.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

I am willing to bet that you have a 2-screw trigger which is the same as the 3-screw, just omitting the sear engagment screw. If this is the case then adjustment should be same as the 3-screw just omitting the Sear screw stage. That said, be sure what trigger you have and after any adjustments to any trigger, test with dry firing, do a drop test, and do a hard bolt cycle test before putting any ammo in the gun.

I have a 2-screw on one of my hunting guns and after being properly adjusted, it is a good hunting trigger and actually breaks pretty darn clean at about a 4lb pull.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

I just put a sav-2 on my 110. Haven't shot it yet but at 1 lb I'm loving it. Well worth the money.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

There is a thread around here that shows how to tune a 2 or three screw trigger. If you have a 2 screw you can drill and tap the hole for a three screw. It isn't easy but can be done with a home drill press. Does make it easier for very fine adjustments. If you happy with the trigger as a two screw then don't worry about it. Definitely do your research and pay attention to what your doing. Again this isn't a easy mod as the trigger is quit hard to drill and tap. Occasionly you will see a three screw on ebay in a pile of parts you can pick up pretty cheap. My older Savages all have three screws on them and I like them a lot better than the accutrigger models. So well in fact I'm not going to pay $100 to improve them. I will get around to replacing the accutrigger though.

Good luck....Floyd

Swapinng out the spring will help spme too. They are easily made with some .043 music wire. I have one 2 screw That I sheilde the face of the sear and put a spot weld in the location of the sear screw. I then filed it a few strokes at a time trial fitting every few strokes until I got it right. Not fully adjustable but much better pull than factory.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by floydboy View Post
    There is a thread around here that shows how to tune a 2 or three screw trigger. If you have a 2 screw you can drill and tap the hole for a three screw. It isn't easy but can be done with a home drill press. Does make it easier for very fine adjustments. If you happy with the trigger as a two screw then don't worry about it. Definitely do your research and pay attention to what your doing. Again this isn't a easy mod as the trigger is quit hard to drill and tap. Occasionly you will see a three screw on ebay in a pile of parts you can pick up pretty cheap. My older Savages all have three screws on them and I like them a lot better than the accutrigger models. So well in fact I'm not going to pay $100 to improve them. I will get around to replacing the accutrigger though.

Good luck....Floyd

This is it I think.
    http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage/
    Kelly

stangfish
    The second picture tells the story.