Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder from Midway?

Powder from Midway?

Anyone ever order powder from Midway? I put in an order on the last week and didn't noticed until after I ordered that powder ships 10 to 12 weeks after the order is placed. I called them to verify this and they said 10 to 12 weeks the powder will be shipped from the manufacturer. Not only that, but they said there will be no tracking number and you'll have to sign for it. That's just down right pathetic. Midway won't be getting my business anymore. How ever I've found good guys to replace them for now, Third Generation Shooter Supply. I ordered bullets primers and powder from them and it was on my doorstep in 7 days flat with no signature required (and this was 2 weeks ago). Not only that their shipping is way, I say way cheaper than Midway.

Company's pull that stuff all the time, and they will keep on doing it, as long as they can get away with it.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

acemisser
    I checked a few places that sold powder and they ALL said someone had to be home to sign for it.???

I was actually planning on taking the day off from work to make sure I was at the door when the powder arrived. But being that there isn't going to be tracking info on it I'll have to tell my wife she needs to stay home all day everyday for the next 10-12 weeks.
    Yeah like that would happen LOL. I did ask the lady at Midway if a neighbor could sign if we weren't home and she said "that's a great idea." I'm going to make a sign to put on my door that reads (UPS or Fed-X if no one is home, please have either of my neighbors sign for it. If they aren't home please sign for me, Thank You very much.)

I should have know that Midway's powder said available when I bought it and 3rd Generation said In Stock meaning they actually had it at their store. How am I supposed to sleep at night and have peace when the order arrival is unknown? I guess I'll have to do a lot of praying.

Just had an idea! I'll put little tabs of paper with my signature on it on my front door and it'll say please take one of my signatures UPS or Fed-X Thank you have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    Company's pull that stuff all the time, and they will keep on doing it, as long as they can get away with it.

Dean
    I know Dean, that's like this one business in my town that claims they do front end alignments on vehicles then they take the vehicle to a different shop to get it lined up then bring it back to there shop.

Basic Member
    On top of what midway gets for powder they also charge another $9.99 for "drop" shipping & they dont even touch the powders & of course hazmat.
    Other places are LESS than midway also w/out the padded pocket fees..
    Last edited by 5spd; 07-04-2013 at 10:29 PM.

65impala
    In all fairness to midway, they do have this giant banner warning on ever page of powder listed on their site:

I've never had to order powder online thankfully since I have a great dealer local with prices cheaper than online plus no shipping. About ten years ago they were a great company and I placed an order about once a week, but I rarely buy from midway because their pices can almost always be beat by other companies and their shipping charges are typically higher than other palces too, but occasionally I'll find something on sale and buy it from them.

Just cancel your order and order from someone else :)

65impala
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
    ....I guess I'll have to do a lot of praying.
    Not a bad idea either way :)

Basic Member
    Just order it from powder valley. Thats where it comes from anyway from what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Just order it from powder valley. Thats where it comes from anyway from what I was told.
    Still have to be home to sign for it.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Basic Member
    Get to know the UPS guy and the sign for will go away. Maybe it is not safe to leave a package on the back porch in you neighborhood, unfortunately much of the US is that way today thanks to Congress.
    Last edited by langenc; 03-06-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Get to know the UPS guy and the sign for will go away. Maybe it is not safe to leave a package on the back porch in you neighborhood, unfortunately much of the US is that way today thanks to Congress.
    A lot of truth there.
    Life is short, make every shot count.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Still have to be home to sign for it.
    Not if you leave a permission note on your door saying its Ok to leave it , then print & sign your name to it , they leave it by my door when I do that.

jeff51268
    i had the same issue. Once they give you a tracking number you can't even cancel. I had 16lbs of powder being shipped they gave me a delivery date so I took the day off. It never showed and then I found out it had never left the factory. Here's my issue, I live in Massachusetts so can't get powder, ammo, anything mailed to my house so I had it mailed to a friends house in Rhode Island(only a 40 minute ride). They left me the key and I sat in there house watching tv all day to get no delivery. I was so pissed off. But like others have said, I did get a good relationship with the delivery guy because he drops off all my ammo and now he will leave stuff on the porch if no one is home even if it requires a signature (plus a Dunkin Donuts gift card at Christmas helped)

Still no powder yet, tomorrow will be 10 weeks.

Westcliffe01
    They are saying 16 weeks now and no backordering. I placed an order with Powder Valley (it said out of stock, but nothing about no back orders) and they canceled my order the following day. It can be pretty tough when you have no way to back order.

Basic Member
    Oww, way to long if you needed it weeks back. My PV will be here Monday after the 30 day wait as they are behind like most.

Quote Originally Posted by 5spd View Post
    Oww, way to long if you needed it weeks back. My PV will be here Monday after the 30 day wait as they are behind like most.
    I've still got a little over 10 pounds total I can use up, so I'm not loosing much sleep over it. I ordered a 8 lb. jug of accurate 2495 from Midway back in Feb. and when I ordered it said available. This was not a back order. From what I understand Midway doesn't actually have Powder sitting on their shelves, it gets drop shipped straight from the manufacture.

Third Gen Shooter Supply has powder right on there shelves, so when I ordered that it was delivered within a week.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I sorta cut my shooting down to once a week. Maybe once every 10 days. I'm starting to get a little concerned about this shortage thing. My regular guy hasn't had any for me in over a month.

By the way - Anyone shooting Nosler Custom Comps in 155gr? Mudway has them in stock. I have a bunch on hand but grabbed 2 more boxes anyway. They do great in my '06 & I'll be trying them in my .308 this weekend.
    I hope. If the rain stops long enough....
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Honestly I have given up on Midway. Powder is available though, I have gotten 65 lbs (yes thats right, I checked) within the last 2 months and most has arrived within 1 week of time of order. The best retailers that I have found are:

third generation shooting supply
    Gamaliel shooting supply
    powder valley

I also have 10k primers on the way from powder valley. You just have to check in with these places everyday around 10am PST.

Oh and for those social media types, liking their facebook is good idea because they have been posting notices about when to check on there.

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    By the way - Anyone shooting Nosler Custom Comps in 155gr? Mudway has them in stock. I have a bunch on hand but grabbed 2 more boxes anyway. They do great in my '06 & I'll be trying them in my .308 this weekend.
    I hope. If the rain stops long enough....
    I picked up about 500 of them a while back but haven't got to try them out yet. How do they compare to the SMK's?

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Quote Originally Posted by nubrun View Post
    I picked up about 500 of them a while back but haven't got to try them out yet. How do they compare to the SMK's?
    To be honest.... They're almost identical in my '06. 4/10th gr. difference in the load to punch tight clovers at 100yds. 3 weeks ago I had a raggedy hole with 5 rounds. I recently started using Sierra products since I had trouble finding Nosler. My local guy has a pretty diverse selection so - I gave them a try.
    All of them - MK's, GK's, HPBT's - all work great in my .243, 25.06, .308 & 30.06.I wish I had discovered them long ago. I could have saved a bunch 'o bucks.
    As much as I like Nosler products, I like to save money, too. THe difference between Hornady or Sierra & Nosler is worthy of note.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Over 18 weeks now, no powder

Deerhunter 28
    Cancel the order

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
    Blacked out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast