Thread: CDI Bottom Metal on an Accustock ?

davemuzz

CDI Bottom Metal on an Accustock ?

I have a Savage Model 10 Precession Carbine in .223 that I absolutely love. It has the Accustock. But, I have been looking at this aftermarket bottom metal from CDI http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/...ck-models.html and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I can't see from the photo how or where they have any "linkage" for lack of a better term, to release the bolt as my M-10 has the in-the-front trigger bolt release.

Also, the CDI metal seems much stronger (aka-not as sheet metal since it's machined from stock) plus I like the idea of having not only a 5 round magazine, but a ten round one as well.

Any one have one of these?

Dave

EAW
    I have one on my Savage 12 VLP DBM in .204 Excellent work. I strongly suggest you call Jeff & Pam @ CDI. Good luck!

bodywerks
    Contact them direct. They offer a CDI bottom metal for accustock rifles. They supply a lever for you to glue to the sear that puts the bolt release up in the conventional spot. They also machine the trigger guard area to relieve it from the existing bracket on the sear.

davemuzz
    Thanks guys. I'm guessing you believe the investment is well worth it.

Dave

bodywerks
    Depends on what you're trying to do. Only advantage to CDI that i see is any aics magazine will work. I guess from am availability standpoint that might mean something. But there are art least three companies that offer 9-10 round mags for the savage factory dbm. That good enough for me!

TraverseSavage
    I'm interested too. I just picked up a B&C and am itchin' to see it with that B. Metal. I emailed CDI and Jeff I believe emailed me back right away. He answered my question and even sent a pic of his recent work. They'll have my $$ soon, their customer service sold me.

The email said about two weeks out on turn-around, though that was a couple weeks ago...that sounded fair to me :)

bodywerks: From what I've read, Alpha mags work spot on and are less expensive than AI's.

Good luck!!! Post pics/review.

EAW
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
    Depends on what you're trying to do. Only advantage to CDI that i see is any aics magazine will work. I guess from am availability standpoint that might mean something. But there are art least three companies that offer 9-10 round mags for the savage factory dbm. That good enough for me!
    I'd appreciate if you'd list the companies you referenced above. Something to think about for the next rifle.

Basic Member
    +1 on CDI. Just got back a Stevens build from them and the work is first class. Good people and excellent communication.
    John

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by EAW View Post
    I'd appreciate if you'd list the companies you referenced above. Something to think about for the next rifle.
    Sharpshooter supply. Dark eagle customs. The other guy is just a dude on snipers hide. Forget his user name. Google "savage extended magazines" and you'll get a plethora of results that, at the very worst, will lead to more results.

Basic Member
    Sharpshooter supply. Dark eagle customs. The other guy is just a dude on snipers hide. Forget his user name. Google "savage extended magazines" and you'll get a plethora of results that, at the very worst, will lead to more results.
    The guy on the Hide is z71rat. I think he posts here too. Haven't kept up with the thread, but I remember the buyers being happy.

bodywerks
    That's the guy, thanks.

I have CDI on my 10PC and it is great. I sent him my stock to inlet. I am now going with an AICS chassis which will need to be modified for the bolt release.

Basic Member
    I have a Dark Eagle Custom 10 round mag on my 10PC and it works nicely.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
    I have a Dark Eagle Custom 10 round mag on my 10PC and it works nicely.
    Is it on CDI bottom metal?

Basic Member
    Is it on CDI bottom metal?
    No, it works with factory bottom metal. What the magazine is essentially is the top of a factory DBM with a machined aluminum box extension and a custom follower.

bodywerks
    Great, but what does that have to do with cdi bottom metal?