Thread: Sightron SIII 8-32X56 in mildot or FCH for 600 yd competition shooting?

Basic Member

Sightron SIII 8-32X56 in mildot or FCH for 600 yd competition shooting?

I know I'm going to get a Sightron SIII 8-32X56 but I can't decide on mildot or FCH. What is more popular and why?

Thanks,
    Trevor

bionicbob
    I have Sightron SIII 8-32 X 56 with the FCH . I chose it over mildot because it does not cover up small targets at very long distances . I like to dial the turrets for wind and elevation . The adjustments are very precise and returnable. over all a very nice glass. Bionicbob

That1guy
    600 yard what? F- Class or benchrest type? Then get the FCH, or FCH with 1/8dot, and 1/8 moa turrets.

If tactical type, variable distance, then get the mildot.

JCalhoun
    Yep. For small targets like BR or F-Class the finer the reticle the better. I started shooting LR with a mil-dot scope and didn't like how it covered so much of the target.

pa hog
    Sightrons Custom Shop will be open soon, so either way you could get the one you think you'd like and if you don't' you could get it swapped out. I'd say FCH would be my first choice to try.

Basic Member
    I did end up with the FCH and after a little dry fire practice w/snap caps on my kitchen island w/a rest & bag looking thru a front window targeting a weather vane on a barn 600 yards away (595 according to my Leupold rangefinder), I think I made the right choice. Nice clear optics and lining up on the ball on top of the weather vane was easy. Rain/snow today is keeping me from actually going out and getting a few rounds for break-in and zeroing the scope.