Thread: Stevens 200 stocks

soaxin

Stevens 200 stocks

my plan is to build the typical "Target/Tacticool" rifle. I'm new to the sport and I'm wanting to build my rifle. Any suggestions and tips will be very much appreciated.

-Mark

delete....double post
    Last edited by ShowMeShooter; 02-26-2013 at 11:03 PM.

anything short action centerfeed, is what I've been told. I like this one.

http://www.shootersdiscount.com/cart...tage-camo.html

soaxin
    I do like the b&c medalist. That one would definitely bring it out of the norm :)

PKT1106
    How much you looking to spend?

soaxin
    Around the 300 mark. McMillan would be awesome but that's a little up there for a college student.

PKT1106
    I would put you in a Bell & Carlson or a Choate for that price range. Also look at your hand size as I believe the B&C stocks have a bigger palm swell than the Choates. If you like the feel of AR-style grips, see if you can find a Choate Ultimate stock.

I had a B&C Medalist on my 10FP for a while, but found I didn't like the palm swell or the angle of the grip area. I prefer AR-style grips. I feel I have better trigger control on the AR-style. I have a Mcrees Precision Chassis on the way to me.

soaxin
    Nice now I'm torn between mcrees and aics for later on. I like the looks of the b&c over the choate. I heard the choate was heavier? It would be nice to actually Handel both. The choate seems to have more accessories? (Cheek piece, adj butt plate, etc)
    Last edited by soaxin; 03-03-2013 at 01:02 PM.

PKT1106
    There are different options for both stocks as far as adjustability, but I think that would put you over your budget. I was mainly looking at what is on Midwayusa for choices in that price range. You may be able to find a great used stock here or on other forums for around $300 with some adjustability. I am not sure as far as the weight differences.

I have read great things about both the Mcrees and the AICS platforms. I chose the Mcrees because of cost, the ability to swap grips, and the Mcrees looks more user friendly for my shooting style.

PKT1106
    It also depends on your barrel contour and the action screw spacing.

Hosted
    I have a Choate Ultimate Varmint and am starting to really like it for an inexpensive stock. It's not perfect but I found it barely used for $100 it fits my needs perfectly until I figure out exactly what I want to build in the future. If you have time to wait on it, I would look into Stockade stocks also. I think their money saver's look like a great way to go.

soaxin
    Alright thanks. I'm going to be putting a shillen bull barrel on it. I won't be gettin a stock till I have the barrel.