Thread: Article: Savage Axis FAQ's (updated)

Article: Savage Axis Modifications - FAQ's

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

65impala
    Amazing time travel sir

"as of today, march 1st 2013..."

Nice article, I guess you just finished it a little sooner than you expected :)

mugsie
    First time I'm reading it and today is March 1, 2013! I thought is was perfect. Good article. Thanks....

Haha! Good catch! I guess the cat is out of the bag, I live next to H.G. Wells and he lets me borrow his fancy little time machine from time to time.

65impala
    :) Well, a man has to have connections!

barbc
    Weaver has scope mounts lists on their chart for the Savage Axis. I recently ordered the Weaver 1 piece base via ebay. I am now wondering if it is going to fit my Savage Axis youth model, if, as you have stated, the only companies that are currently making bases for the Savage Axis does not include Weaver in your article?

762X51
    Quote Originally Posted by barbc View Post
    Weaver has scope mounts lists on their chart for the Savage Axis. I recently ordered the Weaver 1 piece base via ebay. I am now wondering if it is going to fit my Savage Axis youth model, if, as you have stated, the only companies that are currently making bases for the Savage Axis does not include Weaver in your article?
    The Weaver 1 piece base (part number 48347) will fit your Axis. Being a 1 piece, multi-slot base opens up a whole new world of what you can put atop your axis. I had several very nice scopes that were just a tad too short to fit the long span between the 2 piece bases but with the Weaver one piece base the sky's the limit.

DTOM5270
    Found this poking around the internet I don't know if it is legit or not but might be something to check out.

http://coloradorat.wix.com/ratmagmagazines#!

Predator53
    Good info...I. think I ll look into that mag conversion...

DTOM5270
    Sharp Shooter Supply has started to make stocks for the Savage Axis as well I don't think that they have it posted on their website yet but if you email them they will send you info about it. Fair warning tho the stock costs as much as the rifle (about $225) but it is an option for those of you who hate the factory stock as much as I do. They are also testing an aftermarket trigger and it should be available soon no info on the price the last that I talked to them. They were still figuring out what to set the price at but looking forward to putting one on my rifle.

Jerry G Young
    I just installed a Rifle Basix trigger on my 22 250 axis and love it with a two lb pull , SWEET .

Cleck
    I see this FAQ is a bit outdated. The new address for Sharp Shooter Supply is http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Where is a good place to ask about a safety issue?

Are the stock/ Chassis options still limited to Boyd's, SSS and MDT?

Howdy !...new to the forum...have 2 Savage conversions from that 3 alphabet company so this forum is a good place to suck up some knowledge...the conversions are a challenge because I just have the info for the Savage action and have to dismantle everything as they don't supply any parts diagrams...I have learned at least 3 useful tips already...great source of info

While perusing my local Cabelas, I was pleased to find a Leupold 20 minute, one-piece mount that will accommodate both the Axis and the 110