Looking through my bag of tricks today (otherwise known as the Big Box of orphaned gun parts) I came across an older Redfield scope base.

It is still in the box, although lightly used, and labled for an early short action 110, one of the so called J-series actions. It is your typical Redfield Jr. base in most respect, two large screws holding the rear ring with a hole for a turn-in ring at the front.

What isn't typical is the very cool little folding peep at the rear of the whole affair. Older enthusiasts will remember these bases, and a very similar style made by Buehler as well.

I have a short action Model 10 in the safe, but it is behind quite a few other rifles so being the lazy sort that I am I figured asking here might answer my crazy question without having to empty the Bigger Box.

So here goes, I wondered how compatible (or not) this base might be with a newer short action. If I can use this on my Model 10, it would make for a very nice little back-up sight, even though I honestly have nver cared for the Redfield mount styles.

So, what does the hive say?