Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA scopes?

I would cross that Firefield off the list at not a moment to soon, a side focus for scope for 120 bucks, I can only imagine there interpretation of acceptable slop,

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

soaxin
    Will do! I really like mueller but idk if it has resettable turrets which I really like.

jibben
    Tight budget? Look at an older weaver K or T series. long tubes and better glass for your money. You may not have as much magnification, but you will be able to see better them blurred targets.

soaxin
    Yeah I got a tight budget. I'm probably going to go with the 4-16 from cp then save. 500$ will be the limit.

et
    If 500 is your limit why not get a vortex viper 6.5-20x50 i believe cameraland still has the fine duplex reticles still on sale for 280 or so. If not they run 480 for other reticles. They have great glass plenty of magnification and resettable turrets.

soaxin
    Im just leaning and getting into target shooting and shooting in general. So 20x should be enough? The range I'm at has 100-300yrds and a 600yrd range. Thanks for the help!! This forum is great. Lots of good info.

65impala
    20X is more than enough. I shoot iron sights on my 45-120 at ranges out to 500 yards pretty good. I've shot it well past 500, but not as good

LIke I said before, the standard for military snipers for many years was a 10X fixed power scope.

If you are prepared to spend $300. I would look at the Vortex from Cameraland, or a Weaver V-24 from Natchez.
    Last edited by ShowMeShooter; 02-24-2013 at 10:35 PM.

soaxin
    Thanks all!

Basic Member
    I would look at the redfield revenge

soaxin
    Alright yeah what I'm looking for is something good for up to 600 yards with resettable turrets. Mill/Mill would be awesome

oh so now you're getting picky..lmao....

Basic Member
    it has pop up resettable turrets but no mildot. it has the accuranger reticle. lot of scope for the money and leupold backs them

Basic Member
    the mueller has resettable turrets, just have to loosen the torx screw to do it

soaxin
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeShooter View Post
    oh so now you're getting picky..lmao....
    Yeah I figured if I'm going to save for a scope I'm going to get what I want. I like the mueller but I also really like the super sniper 20x fixed

My two best scopes are the ones with fixed power, the 20 power super sniper on my 338 edge, and my Sightron 36 power on my 257 Weatherby, they give me the least amount of grief and aggravation, the Sightron has been modded by that guy on 6br with the two locking pins you take out before you do any windage or elevation adjustments, and it also has the locking ring for the adjustable objective, I tell you that thing never drifts moves or goes out of focus, I will eventually have this set up on all my rigs, does anyone know the name of the modification or the name of the guy who did or does this mod, he is they only one that does it as far as I know.

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

If I was shooting past 100 yards, I would pass on the Mueller. I have had several Muellers, and I'm not a big fan of them past 100 yards. They are great for rimfires or 100 and in. JMO. Although it isn't an apple/oranges comparison, I like the Vortex Viper I just got a lot better than the Mueller target. For $290 it is a lot of scope.

soaxin
    Thanks. Like I said I'm going to be using the scope on my stevens 200 build for novis target shooting out to 600 yards. I'd like to be able to have zero resettable turrets so when I adjust I won't forget my zero. But I don't wont to be paying a grand for the optic.

Basic Member
    Don't forget about Swifts. They're not at the bottom of the barrel and not the most expensive either but they offer a lot of quality for the price.

I concur on the swifts.

Dean

soaxin
    Ill take a look at them. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12