Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New Dick's Sporting Goods Package - "Model 11 VT"

dirtdigger

Quote Originally Posted by blaster62 View Post
    Digger: To stabilize a 69 gr 1.0 long bullet in a 1in 10 you have to go 3000 fps to get a GC of 1.11 if that helps.
    I appreciate the info Blaster! I think it is quite doable with 22-250 then. Do you mind sharing the link to that program/formula for calculation? PM me please to not clog this thread. Thank you!

Basic Member
    As far as I know the 11VT comes in .223, .22-250, .243 & .308 although no one at the store level can confirm that for me. I would be all about one if there was a .204. If anyone knows for sure and if so can confirm a model number or SKU that would be appreciated.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

twrecks
    Ok I did it! I went and bought the VT11in .308 yesterday at Dicks. Thanks for the tip on opening the Dicks account I got 10% off too so not bad for $494.00. Now trying to decide on first mod. Harris bipod or single rail scope mount? I am going to start ordering the parts to convert to the metal trigger guard and drop out mags real soon too. Being new here I do appreciate y'alls knowledge and input. I know it's only a 550 dollar rifle but it's still a big purchase for me and I feel like I got the best rifle for my money. Hub I would still like to see your rifle.

twrecks
    Watching some youtube videos I came across this Austrailian guy reviewing what I believe was an 110FCP-S. It looked like it had factory detachable mags. I looked on the website and they have a FCP-K and I swore they had a picture of it with a detachable 10 round mag. does anyone know about these and if it's on the same 110 chassis can you do the trigger housing upgrade and just use factory savage mags??

Hubcap91
    Sorry it took me so long, I've been out of town for a while. But here she is.

Heres the bottom metal.

And one with yesterdays purchase. A Mark II FV-SR.

Guy at the local gun shop told me today that a couple weeks ago DSG put the 10P-SR on sale for $419....!

dirtdigger
    Did you mean 10 FP-SR? I haven't seen P-SR on Savage's site unless I missed it or it is another distributer exclusive out there? If so do you have more info on it?

Hubcap91
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    I've never seen that, but I like it!

twrecks
    Hub, That's awesome. hope ya don't mind but I'm copying that one. That's exactly what I'm looking to do.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigger View Post
    They do come in other calibers other than 223&308. As Hubcap mentioned there are 22-250s out there and as I said in my first post (#106) I purchased one last week in .243 Win. If someone is aware of other chamberings please chime in, I 'm curious as probably are others.
    I have personally seen .223, .22-250, .308 and heard about .243. Wish there was a .204

You know I have skimmed through all 10 pages of this thread and one thing amazes me. Nobody has mentioned what Dick's did after Newtown and that is pulled all the AR type rifles they were selling from the shelves and also screwed a bunch of their customers who were waiting for IIRC, Daniel Defense rifles.

I have considered them the enemy ever since, along with price gouging and similar acting Cheaper Than Dirt. I really don't care if the rest of the membership here wouldn't boycott them, just curious as to whether or not everybody making these purchases is aware of what they've done?

Sitting Duck
    So . . . have they put them back? If so, I guess it was a knee-jerk reaction to what was happening at the time. DSG's firearm sales are a very small portion of what they sell. In the big picture did they over react? It sounds like it. Lesson learned, we hope.

I bought my rifle from DSG because they had the best price on a Savage heavy barreled .308 and I wanted to get in under any stupid-ass laws that were being bandied about at the time. If they start financially supporting the pro-gun control activists then I will not step foot in their doors again. Until then, I will spend my money as frugally as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fngmike View Post
    You know I have skimmed through all 10 pages of this thread and one thing amazes me. Nobody has mentioned what Dick's did after Newtown and that is pulled all the AR type rifles they were selling from the shelves and also screwed a bunch of their customers who were waiting for IIRC, Daniel Defense rifles.

I have considered them the enemy ever since, along with price gouging and similar acting Cheaper Than Dirt. I really don't care if the rest of the membership here wouldn't boycott them, just curious as to whether or not everybody making these purchases is aware of what they've done?

They were Troy not DD...but thats neither here nor there.

Basic Member

It sounds to me like you are all butt hurt because you think you and other waiting for this IIRC Daniel Defense gun. I am certainly not going to change your mind but Dick's is a sporting goods store that happens to sell guns. When they opened locally here they used to take trades and they used to sell handguns. Now they are basically a sporting goods WalMart that sells guns. They are a big corporation that did a knee jerk reaction to an awful (and somewhat debatable false) situation.

As I mentioned they are a big corporation and because of that they have exclusive guns (just like Gander Mountain, Cabelas and others) from manufacturers. This thread isn't about what Dick's did and how they screwed you or your presumed "price gouging". I am sure if you look other places on the forum you might find a thread or a pot to stir up.

Everyone has felt the "pain" of Newtown one way or another. Had Dick's not pulled the "modern sporting firearms" they would have been out of stock in days if not hours and perhaps even on any other semi automatic rifle they sell. The end result would have been the same.

So sorry you got screwed.

Hubcap91
    Quote Originally Posted by twrecks View Post
    Hub, That's awesome. hope ya don't mind but I'm copying that one. That's exactly what I'm looking to do.
    I'm very happy with the results thus far. I'm doing some more tweaks so don't worry about having the same rifle.

As far as DSG goes, I really didn't care what they had done. The price tag is what made me buy my rifle from them.

Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    Bl

So sorry you got screwed.
    Thanks for the rant and the concern for my butt. I would guess your own malady stems from PMS maybe?

Sitting Duck: Thanks for the honest answer, understood completely.

BoilerUP: Thanks, yep, memory not so good Troy

Hubcap91: I understand, but I guess my point is if it had been a different tragedy using a boltgun, and DSG pulls evil black sniper rifles?

I'm not trying to stir a pot, just asking about the awareness of DSG in the past, and the commonality of Savages from the same vendor. I hope they're shooting very good for everyone and from what I've read it sounds like they're a deal, much like the 700 SPS Varmints DSG sells. Best to all of you.

I won't support Dick's ever again, knee jerk reaction to strip people of a constitutional right.

Their name say's it all...

Basic Member
    Thanks for the rant and the concern for my butt. I would guess your own malady stems from PMS maybe?

Sitting Duck: Thanks for the honest answer, understood completely.

BoilerUP: Thanks, yep, memory not so good Troy

Hubcap91: I understand, but I guess my point is if it had been a different tragedy using a boltgun, and DSG pulls evil black sniper rifles?

I'm not trying to stir a pot, just asking about the awareness of DSG in the past, and the commonality of Savages from the same vendor. I hope they're shooting very good for everyone and from what I've read it sounds like they're a deal, much like the 700 SPS Varmints DSG sells. Best to all of you.

Well maybe next time they'll send you flowers when you get screwed. ~smirk~

As far as the bolt gun scenerio goes...you do understand that it was rumored and or proven that the idiot went into a DSG before the "shootout", right? This is what prompted DSG to do what they did. I'd bet WalMart would have done the same thing.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
    I won't support Dick's ever again, knee jerk reaction to strip people of a constitutional right.

Their name say's it all...
    Well this thread headed straight into the crapper because of one butt hurt person.

Seriously Dan...Dicks didn't strip you, him or anyone of their Constitutional right. They were exercising personal damage control. Our 2nd Amendment doesn't say we have the right to bear modern sporting fire arms or even gun powder powered firearms or even guns. We have the right to bear arms. In some cases that could be a pointed stick.

Sorry guy's I guess I should shut up on that one,,the good thing is that they are selling Savages and we can all agree on one thing,,we all like Savages.LOL.

Basic Member
    Sorry guy's I guess I should shut up on that one,,the good thing is that they are selling Savages and we can all agree on one thing,,we all like Savages.LOL.
    Amen to that Brother

I really don't think that you as a paying member need to apologize Dan, not to a non-paying, self-appointed forum nazi IMO. I am glad that some share the same sentiment. It's my right to choose not to support a vendor that is only interested in selling things to me when the political climate is convenient to them. We can all swing together or alone when it comes to our rights IMO. I also realize that others have a right to buy whatever, wherever they want and I haven't been disrespectful to them on a forum like some teen-aged punk.

Plinkin - Why don't you grab a clue and drop your internet tough guy routine? You don't HAVE to respond if you don't like the question I asked. Nor do you have to keep flinging your sideways insults about being screwed and another man's butt. Capt. Obvious, if I didn't even know the people who did get "screwed", in your terminology, by DSG were trying to buy Troy rifles, how am I one of them? Unless you're some kind of non-paying super secret forum moderator I don't know about, how about YOU STFU?

Basic Member
    I really don't think that you as a paying member need to apologize Dan, not to a non-paying, self-appointed forum nazi IMO. I am glad that some share the same sentiment. It's my right to choose not to support a vendor that is only interested in selling things to me when the political climate is convenient to them. We can all swing together or alone when it comes to our rights IMO. I also realize that others have a right to buy whatever, wherever they want and I haven't been disrespectful to them on a forum like some teen-aged punk.

Plinkin - Why don't you grab a clue and drop your internet tough guy routine? You don't HAVE to respond if you don't like the question I asked. Nor do you have to keep flinging your sideways insults about being screwed and another man's butt. Capt. Obvious, if I didn't even know the people who did get "screwed", in your terminology, by DSG were trying to buy Troy rifles, how am I one of them? Unless you're some kind of non-paying super secret forum moderator I don't know about, how about YOU STFU?
    Tough guy routine LOL ROTF, I am just a learner from you. Now if you REALLY want to TALK about it like the MAN I am to the ... whatever you are, I am willing to give you my phone number but I am sure you won't want to hear what I have to say, so shut your vagina.

Basic Member
    Where's the popcorn icon?
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast