Thread: Receiver Issue on 110 - Options?

Solid

Receiver Issue on 110 - Options?

Hey folks,

I ordered a EGW 1 piece scope base (linked from this forum), and went to install it on my rifle, and I noticed that the rear of my receiver (flat back 110) is not 'flat'. I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with the mount, because on closer inspection, you can actually see it. This is the best picture that I could get with my cell phone:

The rear of the mount is touching the receiver, but the front edge of the rear is not. The gap at the very front right (non-bolt side) is .023, and it tapers down to no gap at the rear. The front, which is on the round part of the receiver seems to be fine. I'm wondering if bedding the rear with JB Weld, or something can be done here, or is the gap too big? Are there any other options?

Bed it with JB or Devcon. It's fairly common. The actions used to be finished by hand, the guy that finished that one leaned on that one a bit too hard.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Solid
    Thanks geargrinder - that makes me feel better. Now, I've read a lot about bedding scope mounts,(I've never done it though) but do you know how, or if I can tint the standard grey color JB Weld black to match the mount and receiver?

Beats me, I'm just a hack. I'd probably let it cure and hit it with a sharpie. :)
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar