Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Varmint/predator group hunt?

new hunter

I'm in Bakersfield lots of open land around here. Foothills and farm land are the best for this around here. I will be up for setting something up around this part of Cali. There is a few camp grounds around here. On at bv lake. Its around $30 a night for a rv and trailer. Tent camp is around 20 or so. Also great fishing there too. There is also dry camping to make it really cheep. Let me know what you guys think. If not around here let me know would love to get in on something like this

Basic Member
    I am open to anything, to sweeten the pot for anyone that has land and is willing to allow a group of us to have a hunt on your land, I am willing to re-barrel a rifle for you free of charge!

JCalhoun
    Russell,

That is a great offer!

rossey52
    Quote Originally Posted by 65impala View Post
    If anyone wants to venture on our to Wyoming I'll gladly show you some places to go shoot some prarie dogs and 'yotes.
    I'd take you up on that for sure. I'm from PA but have family I need to visit in Wyoming anyway!

new hunter
    What part of the west are you looking at

65impala
    Quote Originally Posted by rossey52 View Post
    I'd take you up on that for sure. I'm from PA but have family I need to visit in Wyoming anyway!
    Do you have a time frame in mind?

COplains
    Thinking out loud here...if you can get a copy of, or access online, the Feb. issue of Predator Extreme has an article worth reading about 'yote hunting in Moffat County, CO. It is in the NE corner of CO and wide open. The town of Maybell has a full hookup campground and primitive camping is all over the BLM land. Since I live near Denver and can beg from friends in Steamboat, as well as (maybe) borrow a friends trailer I think a 6 man group is very doable. I can do all the legwork with maps and such. You could fly/drive to Denver, gather at my hovel and I'll tow the trailer and load the truck up with gear. The truck will sleep two (it has a topper and portable heat) and the trailer will sleep four no problem, maybe more, I've only been in it once. Yampa Valley Airport is just west of Steamboat and could be useful (careful though, I've done all the building automation programming for the airport and Steamboat's (Routt County) Justice Center buildings). The nearest town with hotels is Craig. Non-resident small game tag is $56 plus $10 habitat stamp. Bird season opens September 1 which means the state's WIA's and other public access lands open for use (the BLM land is open access year round). After SEP 1, there are a number of areas east of Denver to hunt and I have access to 2 1/2 square miles of private land. Not only coyotes but grey fox as well. The Pawnee National Grasslands are about an hour north, I shoot there all the time, with good 'yote hunting (I need to go to the local DOW office and get maps). So, there ya have it.

Something like this can be done virtually anytime of year, warm or freeze, your choice. Let me know if any interest and I'll start looking at specifics.

Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12