Thread: Blade on accutrigger

Basic Member

Blade on accutrigger

I'm going to ask this of the people who know more than I do.What problems will I get into by removing the center blade from my accutrigger,and is it even possible to do this?I am bad about pulling the trigger and getting a false firing pin fall and I thought this would be an easier fix than retraining my finger.

Team Savage
    you can do it, but i would retrain my finger!
    the firing pin fall is not false,that blade is saving you from a AD

drybean

Basic Member
    it sure is aggravating to have it happen when the crosshairs are perfect,that doesn't help my concentration at all!!!

stangfish
    correct finger position would eliminate your problem. Some guys had their triggers set up for benchrest tipe shooting where just a touch would set off the trigger. Bad Bidness.
    Last edited by stangfish; 02-17-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Basic Member
    Retrain the finger, I think modded triggers are an accident waiting to happen. I really like mine and have never had a miss fire with it.

pitsnipe
    Its there for a good reason. Just dry fire (with snap cap if you will) to get used to the correct straight back pull. I find that removing my thumb from the top of the grip and barely touching the stock with my other fingers has helped pull straight back as well as help accuracy to the tune of cutting a 1.75" 200 yard group to under 1.00. Every little bit helps throw off the shot. Can hit a golf ball at 200 yards most every time now (no wind of course).

bodywerks
    I don't like the accutrigger, but i definitely wouldn't remove the accurelease! Are you sure it is your finger that is causing this, or is it possible that the sear is not engaging at all when you cycle the bolt? That was always my issue. The common, and correct remedy is to increase the trigger pull weight. Of course if you like a light, sub 2 pound trigger then the accutrigger isn't for you.
    Should you keep the accutrigger clean it up real good with lighter fluid while you're in there adjusting the pull weight, paying particular attention to the trigger hinge pin and the sear slot. The rifle comes with too much grease in both those areas, IMO, and it gets gummy. I also think the sear engaged more positively if it is dry (no grease).
    Last edited by bodywerks; 02-18-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Basic Member
    You might have a good reason, but rather than modding the Accutrigger, why not just get a different trigger? You can sell the Accu to recoup a little money as well.

barthowes
    i don't understand the recent "trend in threads" on problems with the accutrigger. I own a .22mag, model 116 in 30-06, model 16 in 358win, and a model 220 in 20ga all with accutriggers. NEVER HAD A SINGLE MALFUNCTION..... PERIOD. now i do understand if the trigger is set too low of a poundage it may cause a problem. But other than that EVERYONE else needs to learn how to properly and correctly hold a gun and pull the trigger. That is the only problem, not the trigger.
    Last edited by barthowes; 02-18-2013 at 02:33 PM.

stangfish
    Where have you been Bart!!!! The Accutrigger has a design flaw.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by barthowes View Post
    i don't understand the recent "trend in threads" on problems with the accutrigger. I own a .22mag, model 116 in 30-06, model 16 in 358win, and a model 220 in 20ga all with accutriggers. NEVER HAD A SINGLE MALFUNCTION..... PERIOD. now i do understand if the trigger is set too low of a poundage it may cause a problem. But other than that EVERYONE else needs to learn how to properly and correctly hold a gun and pull the trigger. That is the only problem, not the trigger.
    How does how i pull on the trigger have anything to do with a sear that never engaged when i cycled the bolt? That has nothing to do with me or my trigger pulling technique. I had that happen on two different rifles at factory settings, unmodified by myself or anyone else (purchased factory new by me). I cycle the bolt, go to pull the trigger and find the accurelease locked up because the sear never engaged.
    They are probably a great hunting trigger, but as a target trigger, no thanks. Unreliable below about 3 pounds.
    Last edited by bodywerks; 02-18-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Basic Member
    thanks for all the information guys.I have a few things to check and then see what I can do with these arthritic fingers of mine