Thread: Has anyone installed sav axis in chaote stock sniper long action

plutonium

Unhappy Has anyone installed sav axis in chaote stock sniper long action

Just wonder if one of you guys worked out how to munipulate the chaote sniper/varmit stock to work with a savage axis rifle... dam i forgot i got the one with the detachable mag .. cant stand that stock on there.... i think i wasted my money because i dont hunt,,,, just want to target shoot my sav12 bvss 308 will be here in a couple of days...

plutonium
    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    Just wonder if one of you guys worked out how to munipulate the chaote sniper/varmit stock to work with a savage axis rifle... dam i forgot i got the one with the detachable mag .. cant stand that stock on there.... i think i wasted my money because i dont hunt,,,, just want to target shoot my sav12 bvss 308 will be here in a couple of days...
    Mind over Matter.... I don't mind and it don't matter

palerider338
    Theoretically it should be doable. Screw spacing will be different of course but the Choate has an aluminum bedding V channel and is set up for a blind mag. Can always re do the screw holes and pillars and inlet the stock for the Axis DBM set up. Might have to remove the Choate trigger guard and install ( or make) a new metal one.

Only thing else I can think of that might be a problem is the recoil lug....the Axis one is different than most older savages. Might have to massage that area of the Choate to make it work OR put a full lug on it. If you put a full lug in it you will probably have to machine the face of the receiver to have enough threads for the barrel nut.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by palerider338; 02-24-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: add on info from drybean