Thread: Bull Barrel stock using Factory Barrel...

Basic Member

Bull Barrel stock using Factory Barrel...

I may be out of order here on upgrades, but I really want to upgrade the stock on my Stevens 200 in 308... In the future I plan on upgrading the barrel, so my question is can I use a stock designed for a bull barrel with my stock barrel rifle?

Yes you can with no problem, and in fact with all that clearance or room that you will have around the stock barrel, it will help with the cooling since those sporters heat up pretty quick, that's how I started with all my upgrades, it is they upgrade that gives you the most bang for the buck.

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    On www.stockystocks.com there are two different listing for short actions in the Stevens Model 200.. There is a 4.27 and a 4.40... Can anyone tell me how to tell which one I have?

Pull the stock off they barreled action, if the magazine stays in the stock you have a 4.40 spacing, if the magazine remains attached to the barreled action, you have a 4.27 spacing, easy as pie.

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    BOOM.. Thanks Dean.. I got a 4.40 spacing..

Basic Member
    We bought a Choate tactical for my son's new factory contour .308- the stock has a bull barrel channel- with every intent of swapping out to a varmint or bull contour.
    Funny thing was, the factory barrel shoots so well...doesn't even string when it gets hot. It does look a bit odd with the large barrel channel, but the barrel doesn't know the difference.