Thread: New Savage 12 F Class 6mm BR with Dull Finish Barrel

snakepit

New Savage 12 F Class 6mm BR with Dull Finish Barrel

Just received my new Savage 12 F Class 6mm BR a couple of days ago and it came with a dull finished stainless steel barrel and receiver. I just wondered if this F Class rifle has always had a dull finish to the stainless steel. I have a Savage 12 F/TR .308 I bought new about 1 1/2 years ago and it came with a polished receiver and barrel and looks a lot better. I guess I assumed that since the F/TR was polished so would the F Class. Which barrel finish has come on other members F Class or F/TR? Also is it hard or expensive to polish or have polished the barrel and receiver?

Basic Member
    Let me know what you think of her after you get her broke in and shooting, it's the gun I'm looking at getting soon to play around with for some 600-1000 yd shooting.

Sorry I don't have the answer to your questions about the barrel but it's something I'd like to know as well.

LongRangeBushy
    I purchased a 12 f/tr in .223 last November and it also came with a dull finished Stainless Barrel. I was kinda disappointed as well but it seems to be holding its finish well so far.